Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2056 build checklist
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mattp
SO I decided to take a perfectly fine 75 914 with a 1.8, bought a 2.0 longblock and am going to attempt a 2056 build.
Have:
2.0 longblock, injection/ everything
small crack in one of the heads
senidng heads out
got Raby video
going to have cylinders bored
get new pistons
new cam

But what I need is a checklist of all the small parts, its not like building a chevy small block when everyone sells a rebuild kit! I need to beg, borrow or steal someones checklist. Preferably someone who has succeded!
Seriuosly anyone got a checklist they used for thier own 2056 build?
thanks, Matt
ConeDodger
QUOTE(mattp @ Oct 14 2007, 06:43 PM) *

SO I decided to take a perfectly fine 75 914 with a 1.8, bought a 2.0 longblock and am going to attempt a 2056 build.
Have:
2.0 longblock, injection/ everything
small crack in one of the heads
senidng heads out
got Raby video
going to have cylinders bored
get new pistons
new cam

But what I need is a checklist of all the small parts, its not like building a chevy small block when everyone sells a rebuild kit! I need to beg, borrow or steal someones checklist. Preferably someone who has succeded!
Seriuosly anyone got a checklist they used for thier own 2056 build?
thanks, Matt

Matt,
The Raby 2056 kit comes with pretty much everything you need to do the build. In fact, I would venture that you get it at a price that is very competitive to what it would cost if you tracked everything down yourself. Probably better in that you pay shipping once and not for every package that comes to your door.
As for a build checklist, the only one I know of was put together by someone who builds engines for a living. It is a good thing to have since if you check things off as you go you tend to not omit steps that cause you to have to take things apart and go backwards. The problem is that list is proprietary and the copyrighted property of the guy who put it together. As such, I would not just give it away. Not mine to give. If he sees this and offers then you are golden... aktion035.gif
lotus_65
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 14 2007, 09:04 PM) *

Matt,
The Raby 2056 kit comes with pretty much everything you need to do the build. In fact, I would venture that you get it at a price that is very competitive to what it would cost if you tracked everything down yourself. Probably better in that you pay shipping once and not for every package that comes to your door.
As for a build checklist, the only one I know of was put together by someone who builds engines for a living. It is a good thing to have since if you check things off as you go you tend to not omit steps that cause you to have to take things apart and go backwards. The problem is that list is proprietary and the copyrighted property of the guy who put it together. As such, I would not just give it away. Not mine to give. If he sees this and offers then you are golden... aktion035.gif

agree.gif

the dude that helped me with my build thought it was frankly dumb that i had spent money on a kit.
after building it he changed his mind.
hydroliftin
QUOTE(mattp @ Oct 14 2007, 06:43 PM) *

I need is a checklist of all the small parts... Seriuosly anyone got a checklist they used for thier own 2056 build?
thanks, Matt

Jake Raby published a spreadsheet of what was contained in his 2056 kit a little while ago. I expect his current kit has even more goodies, but this is a good place to start. If you check out this page there is a link in it about half way down for "download engine kit excel file."

http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/vw_2056.htm
rhodyguy
first decide whether you intend to stay with fi or go to carbs. THEN plan the package.

k
Jake Raby
ALL of my engine kits have a downloadable spreadsheet of their components.

We have su kits for each engine kit, meanintg the parts that are posted in the spreadhseet will be slightly altered to fit your particular build and what you plan on using for exhaust, induction and etc. This is why kits are not kept on the shelf, they are all specificaly prepared for the customer that orders them. There is no added cost for us to slightly reconfigure a combo to best meet your needs- thats what the engine kit program is all about.

I can also help you with individual parts, but the benefits of the kit offer the best price, customer support and components that we don't sell individually.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.