Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Server crash ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
arrggghhhh .... headbang.gif

mySQL crashed and corrupted the database table that holds all the posts ever made on the board! ohmy.gif

my last backup was from 9/14 ( rolleyes.gif ) which would have been a bitch if we had lost all those posts inbetween then and now.

fortunately, i was able to use the mySQL repair function with success. looks like we didn't lose any posts ...

type.gif Andy
Grimstead
You Rock!
beer3.gif
SirAndy
werking ??? idea.gif
iamchappy
Weeeeee
Dr Evil
Thanks man, you rock!
thomasotten
Sweet, are we on a Linux platform?
OmegaM1A1
Aha, and here I was thinking my school's network really didn't like 914's.

Good job.
VaccaRabite
Any ability to do an automated nightly backup to something or other? Tape, an external HD, something like that? Even with ~7k users and 5 years of data, I can't imagine the database is all that big.

If it is a ton of data, you could go incremental with a full backup on sunday nights or somwthing like that. Lots of OTS software to automate a backup.

These days its usually faster for me to reformat, ghost an OS, and restore data from the backup then it is to actually try and fix whatever the problem was.

Zach
SirAndy

database is ~ 1 GB ( unsure.gif )

uploaded pictures etc. is ~ 12.4 GB in 145227 files ( ohmy.gif )

type.gif Andy
Lou W
You da man. Thanks Andy beerchug.gif
jimtab
Ahandy...I think it is time to terminate the SQL...(whatever that is) with extreme prejudice. Is there an upgrade we could all treat the site to with donations? Split it between a bunch of us and it might be easily done....or do I Know even less about computer pricing than fixing 914s? Yeah, I know....
PeeGreen 914
Hey, If we can contribute to the board I am sure there are some of that would like to. Maybe you could let us know where we could send some funds to make the board a better place, and make people know that this is completely optional. I have always wanted to contribute anyway. We all appriciate the work and the space you provide Andy.
SirAndy
seriously, this is pissing me off ... why do you guys always have to bring up $$$ ???

if i needed your fu$$$ng cash, don't you think i'd ask?

why can't you leave it alone? seriously. please. can we move on to something that does not involve your hard earned money?
headbang.gif Andy
PeeGreen 914
Because we want to help. It would be different if you were soliciting it from us. However, I, and I am sure many others, want to feel like we are doing our part. It has nothing to do with the fact you may not need it, want it, or not. We just want to pull our weight. Sorry to bring it up.
SirAndy
i know. i know. shitty day at work. phone ringing off the hook. nothing works as it should be. then the 914world server takes a dump ...

sorry guys, i probably shouldn't post right now ... i need a beer ...
beerchug.gif Andy
KELTY360
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 15 2007, 10:22 PM) *

seriously, this is pissing me off ... why do you guys always have to bring up $$$ ???

if i needed your fu$$$ng cash, don't you think i'd ask?

why can't you leave it alone? seriously. please. can we move on to something that does not involve your hard earned money?
headbang.gif Andy

OK, can you imagine how pissed all the post whores would have been if we'd lost a months worth of posts........oh, the humanity.

grouphug.gif

Great work Andy!
PeeGreen 914
Hey Andy... We've all been there. Thanks for everything you do. Sit back and enjoy a nice cold brew beer3.gif
watsonrx13
Thanks Andy... shades.gif

-- Rob
Spoke
Server went down, oh no headbang.gif

Server back up, yeah mueba.gif

Andy, U da man pray.gif
angerosa
Yes - Thanks Andy. It's nice to use a system that I don't have to worry about.
majkos
QUOTE(angerosa @ Oct 16 2007, 06:35 AM) *

Yes - Thanks Andy. It's nice to use a system that I don't have to worry about.

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif

Cheers! beer3.gif
stepuptotheMike
did we blip again? I got home from the office to find the "you can't get there from here message"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.