Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: High temp powder coating
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toon1
I just did some powder coating for the first time. They where small parts, they turned out good.

Eastwood Co. has high temp pwder, say's it will withstand temps. to 1000* and are used on exaust manifolds.

This might be an option for HE's.

I have acsess to a professional P coat oven that is plenty big enough for HE's.

Has anyone tried it??

rick 918-S
No, but I like the sound of that!
VaccaRabite
I'd love to try it. I have spent the past 2 days trying to find some place local to me that will bead blast and hi-temp powder coat my engine tin - with no luck.

Zach
PeeGreen 914
My wife works for Genie Industies, the company that makes the blue industrial lifts. They have a huge powder coating are that is supposed to be for high temp stuff. I am trying to get them to let me run a 914 through there biggrin.gif How about a nice powder coated chassis with the Genie blue paint? drunk.gif
toon1
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Oct 15 2007, 10:48 PM) *

I'd love to try it. I have spent the past 2 days trying to find some place local to me that will bead blast and hi-temp powder coat my engine tin - with no luck.

Zach

QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Oct 15 2007, 10:53 PM) *

My wife works for Genie Industies, the company that makes the blue industrial lifts. They have a huge powder coating are that is supposed to be for high temp stuff. I am trying to get them to let me run a 914 through there biggrin.gif How about a nice powder coated chassis with the Genie blue paint? drunk.gif

Is high temp needed for the tin? Seems reg. P coat would work.

Man!! a P coated car!! How durable would that be.

I'll give the high temp. P coat a shot, what the hell!! can't be any worse that the brush on coating.
rhodyguy
the "regular" powder coating is holdling up fine on the tin i did earlier this year. i had what my coater terms as "header coat" appied to my triad and it's holding up very well. i dropped the new muffler system off yest. its getting the same finish this week. the product is cured in a 500*+ oven.

toon1
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 16 2007, 07:00 AM) *

the "regular" powder coating is holdling up fine on the tin i did earlier this year. i had what my coater terms as "header coat" appied to my triad and it's holding up very well. i dropped the new muffler system off yest. its getting the same finish this week. the product is cured in a 500*+ oven.

Cool! I'm going to try it biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
when they open i'll call and get the real product name for the "header coat".
toon1
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 16 2007, 08:47 AM) *

when they open i'll call and get the real product name for the "header coat".

Great! I've been looking at the High temp. powder eastwood sells, maybe yours is different.
StratPlayer
Columbia Coatings sells hi temp powder. Thats where I get all my powder from. They also sell a powder for poly coatings.. Great company and you can buy small amounts of powder not forced to buy more than you ever need.http://www.columbiacoatings.com/

Jeffs9146
I would use Ceramic Coating for anything touching the exhaust, headers or Heat Exchangers.
toon1
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Oct 16 2007, 12:57 PM) *

I would use Ceramic Coating for anything touching the exhaust, headers or Heat Exchangers.

ceramic, as in hot jet coating?

Disco. bay, my parents live there
Jeffs9146
ceramic, as in hot jet coating

Yes, Hot Jet is a brand. I got mine done in Berlingame and for the 6 HE it was $400.

Disco. bay, my parents live there

I love it out here!!!!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.