Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxster on CL for $9995.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/car/450156862.html
The boxster prices are getting into 74 914 1.8 territory.
CCL
Ferg
idea.gif
TravisNeff
Oh hell Yeah! How soon until 914's will be worth more than used boxsters on a regular basis?
SLITS
Ahhh, he just came to his senses and decided to dump it for a REAL Porch, Porsch, Porsch - uhh, Porscheeee.

No cup holder .... I wouldn't touch it.
lotus_65
you think that's cool, look at what i saw this morning~

Click to view attachment

that was a scam, but i was buyin'!
Eric Taylor
yeah and low mileage 1999-2000 996's are getting into the 914/6 price range.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-PORSCH...1QQcmdZViewItem

And its a CAB!
TravisNeff
Here's another http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/car/449710683.html

And another - this one was vandalized, but perfect for a race car project http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/car/450644061.html
Spoke
Cars too good to be true on CL usually are. Are a scam that is. Been looking for an A4 Quattro for my daughter and came across 3 cars in the Pocono and Philadelphia CL which looked really good.

Here are the responses from the "owners". All seem to be scams and the CL listings were removed after I received these email responses.

CAR #1 ###########################

Subject: Re: Audi A4 Quattro 99 Perfect Condition - $2950

Hi there,
Thank you for contacting me regarding my car.
First of all I want to tell you that the car is in perfect condition,
and the price includes all the shipping costs and insurance so you
will not have to pay any extra charges.The car has a Clean Tittle
which will come along with it.I am at my son here in Utah ,Ephraim.
The car is with me here and is in a perfect condition.
It's a great car,
I am devastated that I have to sell it but i really need money for my son
because he is in the hospital,so I decided to sell it.
Tell me if there is anything else you would like to know about the car.
If u want to see more pictures of the car please ask me that !
Thank you for the interest you have shown in purchasing the car.
Please reply,
Regards,

CAR #2 ###########################

Subject: Re: Audi 2000 A4 Quattro - $4000

Hi,
The Audi is still available and I guess you could be it's new owner if everything turns out all right. It looks and runs exactly as new. The title is clean, and you will receive it along with the car, so you will have no problems whatsoever registering it there. This vehicle engine runs very, very smooth. No electrical problems on this beauty. This detailed vehicle makes the exterior look like it just came off the assembly line. The car has only 107,116 miles. Always been garaged and well maintained. This vehicle runs, drives and looks wonderful.

I've got photos of the car hosted on Internet at the following address:
http://usera.imagecave.com/Audi2000/
I am now located in London, UK and I feel very comfortable using a service like eBay. I need to know if you are interested to buy my Audi because I want to use their service. I just moved here a couple of months ago and I can't use it here because it is a left side wheel car. The car is still registered in the States. It might look strange but my price for it is $4.000.00 in US dollars. If you want it I can arrange a shipping process with Lufthansa (paid by me and my wife) for you to receive it in less than 3 days. Shipping will not cost me that much, as my wife used to work for Lufthansa here and now, although she is not working there anymore, she still has great discounts with the company. That is why i offered to pay for shipping. With all this being said and in order to get this started please let me know your delivery info (where to send the car to) and your full name.

Thanks,
Tysan M.

CAR #3 ###########################

Subject: Re: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro 5800$ - $5800

Hello,

I am glad to see that you are interested in purchasing my car.
First of all I want you to know that you are buying a car who has been babied all it's life.I know the price 5800$, I am asking for it may lead you to think it's to good to be true but I am in a desperatee need of cash.You see,a year ago my son ,who is now 6 years old got a rare disease who can only be treated in Scotland.The operation is very expensive and I only got a part of the money for it.I am now in Scotland at the Aberdeen Clinic and I am forced to sell my car.The car is currently in the US,it has a clear title,it's registered there and you won't have any problems registering it in your name.I hope you are a serious buyer and you are not wasting my time who is now very very short and valuable.
So, if you have the cash at hand and you are ready to make the purchase let me now a.s.a.p.

Regards
drew365
All three of those cars would make a good donor for the Boxster Spec Series. Seeing those responses does make me wonder if they are just a setup. My only experience with Craigslist is I tried to contact an owner of a $9900 Boxster a few weeks ago in Las Vegas. One phone # was disconnected the other was a machine and I never got a return call after 4 messages.
I ended up buying one through Auto Trader, a '99 for $12,800, which I thought was a smoking deal since it's in great shape and I'm using it as a daily driver right now till I start the Spec transformation.
There's very few cars you could buy for under $15k that are this much fun and comfortable to run around in. Add, starts first time everytime, and you've eliminated most vintage cars.
Chris Pincetich
While waiting for my tires at BIG O I read the newish Road and Track Mag = Boxters as used cars. Really good article! These deals may dry up once the world as a whole realizes their Porsche dreams could come true for $13K. One comment that made me smile: according to regular Porsche mechanics, the Check Engine Light (CEL) on an early Boxter is often refered to as the Change Engine Light laugh.gif
fiid
I confess. I have had thoughts about a Subie engine swap in a boxster... reduce the weight - increase the power. Could be fun. For that it would be possible to buy one where the engine has already died... what would that be worth? 6k? 7k?

914-8
QUOTE(fiid @ Oct 16 2007, 07:15 PM) *

I confess. I have had thoughts about a Subie engine swap in a boxster... reduce the weight - increase the power. Could be fun. For that it would be possible to buy one where the engine has already died... what would that be worth? 6k? 7k?

I never thought about that, but what a great idea! If a 300 hp Subie transplants into a 914, it likely would be an easy transplant into a Boxster, with all the cooling stuff in place already.

$6K for the car with blown engine, plus $6K (maybe less?) for the swap, to have a 300hp turbo Boxster, that'd be pretty cool.
cassidy_bolger
"I will post pictures when the rain stops!"

The rain stopped Craig, did you go look at it?

rhodyguy
if the top mechanisim, dual drives or something, is kaput, check with craig as to the pricing to repair. it's going to drive the cost of the car up subtancially.

k
lotus_65
QUOTE(lotus_65 @ Oct 16 2007, 01:08 PM) *

you think that's cool, look at what i saw this morning~

Click to view attachment

that was a scam, but i was buyin'!

here's his response...
If you are interested in my 1970 Porsche 911T, it is in perfect
condition, with no need for additional repairs, no scratches, dings,
special marks whatsoever. It has 58,329 miles and the VIN # is :
9110100237. It has a clear title ready to be signed and notarized on
your name.

I have the pictures hosted on the net and you can see them at :
http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee59/thomassprinkle/. The car is
located Twin Peaks CA.

The price is $2,900.00 including shipping costs anywhere in the
continental US. There are no other costs regarding this transaction. I
am selling the car because I am in the army, and my regiment will be
deployed to Afghanistan in November.

The transaction will be closed only through a 3rd party and this way we
will both be protected. My time is limited due to my job in the army so
I decided to use a service from WorldPay. To begin the transaction I'll
need your full name and shipping address, I will forward the details of
our transaction to WorldPay and then you will receive an invoice from
them. The car will be shipped insured to your location with DAS and you
will have 5 days for inspection.

Thank you very much for your time.

Thomas Sprinkle
jonferns
If you are interested in my 1970 Porsche 911T, it is in perfect
condition, with no need for additional repairs, no scratches, dings,
special marks whatsoever. It has 58,329 miles and the VIN # is :
9110100237. It has a clear title ready to be signed and notarized on
your name.

I have the pictures hosted on the net and you can see them at :
http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee59/thomassprinkle/. The car is
located Twin Peaks CA.

The price is $2,900.00 including shipping costs anywhere in the
continental US. There are no other costs regarding this transaction. I
am selling the car because I am in the army, and my regiment will be
deployed to Afghanistan in November.

The transaction will be closed only through a 3rd party and this way we
will both be protected. My time is limited due to my job in the army so
I decided to use a service from WorldPay. To begin the transaction I'll
need your full name and shipping address, I will forward the details of
our transaction to WorldPay and then you will receive an invoice from
them. The car will be shipped insured to your location with DAS and you
will have 5 days for inspection.

Thank you very much for your time.

Thomas Sprinkle

riiiiiiight...
newto914s
You know. If no one ever feel for these scams they wouldn't be so prevelant. I live with this guy that is a little on the dim side, nice guy but, he actually followed the scam, thinking it was true, till he received a check in the mail. Yes, $2000 for a $100 CD played listed on Craigslist. He would not believe it was a scam. slap.gif
Samson
jd74914
So I emailed "tom" telling him that I have a friend who would look at the car and pay him and he went through the 3rd party BS again, and said that he wasn't home enough, nor by the phone enough to get ahold of him to look at it.
Danny_Ocean
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Oct 18 2007, 07:08 PM) *

So I emailed "tom" telling him that I have a friend who would look at the car and pay him and he went through the 3rd party BS again, and said that he wasn't home enough, nor by the phone enough to get ahold of him to look at it.

I received the same message from him and told him I lived in the next town (just screwin with his head). He said "no time for that" blah, blah, blah. "please provide your full name and shipping address".

I replied:

D. Ocean
San Bernardino County Sheriff's Dept.
655 East Third Street
San Bernardino, California 92415-0061

Hmmm...haven't heard back!?!

If you Google his e-mail address, you'll see several dozen listings on different Craigslist and other car sale sites.
lotus_65
av-943.gif

nice!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.