Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - video of VW club at Nurburgring in the 70's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Youtube video of what looks to be like some 70's VW club Racing at Nurburgring. Seems a lot of people were having problem with this turn. Watch the VW at 1:50 and then the VW cab with looks like 3 people in it at 3:24. screwy.gif This is approx a 4 min video. Glad to see racing saftey has improved a bit since then.

LINKY
SECHSER
wow, that convertible was lucky... i bet those people let some streak marks of their own.
914Sixer
The first turn past the grandstand straight away at Nuremburg Ring was famous for letting you see daylight under all four tires. I was there for the 70 & 71 GP races.
SirAndy
has been posted here before ... if i recall correctly, this was *not* all from one race, just someone who brought his camera to the same turn every other day ...

btw. you just pay a few bucks and they let you run the track with whatever car you bring ...

also, it's not just VW's. i see some 2002 BMW's and a NSU Prinz TT
popcorn[1].gif Andy
brer
holy smokes. did you see the guy fall out of his car!
I though he was going to get smooshed.
Richard Casto
Oil on the track? I know that is a fast section just before these series of turns, but just out of sight of the entrance is a left and a right turn that you have to slow down for. I think I seem expensive metal parts flying out from under the 911 at 1:30 and I love the guy who falls out of the Bug at 1:50

Apparently people are still having "moments" at Adenauer Forst.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbPJi5nNJHM
blitZ
Pretty crazy, the squareback on 2 wheels is hilarious.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.