Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FYI: Official Alien Build thread Started 2003
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
rick 918-S
I have 5 months to wrap this thing up. I need to have time to work out any bugs before to West Coast 914 Classic. I'll be on the board less and in the shop more. So DON"T BUG ME! (kidding) laugh.gif
Gint
'Bout time! I should talk. Good luck! MDB2.gif
Mike9142.0
boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
I had to do it mueba.gif
redshift
So, about a year...

wink.gif

alien.gif

m
swood
So where are you on the project? I've only seen one pic of it with the motor visible through the ripped out firewall. icon14.gif
rick 918-S
Here ya go.
rick 918-S
Hey! HEY!
rick 918-S
Boom Boom BOOM! HOw how HOW! HEY hey!
Brad Roberts
Your scaring me...ahhh ahh... the alien "resurection" LOL

Get back to work.

Oh.. and put some more lights in that damn place..

B
Mueller
That motor just screams "seperate throttle bodies and Megasquirt" !!!!

smash.gif
fiid
You won't get good performance with duct tape over the intakes .... chairfall.gif

lol
krk
Rich,

Congrats on the restart! You have added motivation to my tiny projects. Look forward to seeing it out here in the summer!

kim.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jan 2 2004, 10:47 PM)
That motor just screams "seperate throttle bodies and Megasquirt" !!!!

smash.gif

I've got a Street Rod Mag around here someplace showing a 928 motor in like a 32 Ford or something with down draft webers. I have a friend that wants to do the 928 into a 914. He bought a motor but the injection was incomplete. I'm working on him to do an 8 throttle body injection. They should be installed so the tall stack set cross each other like an "X" That would look cool.

For me I love the look of that huge alien tarantula breeding with that wild looking V8!
It's savage and carnal! Primal! The pulsing idle, the screaming revs as the fuel squirts in through the injectors and fills the cylinders!

God Someone get me a cigarette! alien.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 2 2004, 10:46 PM)
Your scaring me...ahhh ahh... the alien "resurection" LOL

Get back to work.

Oh.. and put some more lights in that damn place..

B

Ya the bulbs are temperary. I need to tape the joints and paint the place. Then I'm going to replace them with tubes or something.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(krk @ Jan 3 2004, 12:53 AM)
Rich,

Congrats on the restart! You have added motivation to my tiny projects. Look forward to seeing it out here in the summer!

kim.

Yep, Time for the clean up and new gaskets and seals. then on to the chassis and a quick repaint to repair the damage that occurred from all the years of sitting and the three winters the car sat outside in the snow.
DuckRyder
Hmmm. I spy a 2002......................What is going on with that?
Air_Cooled_Nut
Perfect picture for a KY-Jelly advertisement! laugh.gif

No matter how big...
IPB Image

...enough KY will get it in!
IPB Image
Brad Roberts
The 32 Ford with the 928 engine was built here in NorCal. Mountain View to be exact. They used the whole drivetrain from a 928 in a tube chassis. It was red correct ??

B
Aaron Cox
yeah, whats the story with the bmw '02 ???
seanery
Brad,

I wanna see pics of that car. I've been thinking of that for a few years now. It's a way to get my Porsche & HotRod fix in one car! LOL!
rick 918-S
<!-- QuoteBegin-DuckRyder+Jan 3 2004, 09:06 AM --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DuckRyder @ Jan 3 2004, 09:06 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!-- QuoteEBegin --> Hmmm. I spy a 2002......................What is going on with that? <!-- QuoteEnd --></div><!-- QuoteEEnd -->
Bring a trailer and come and get it. I'll make you a deal. It's a 1975 only real rust was the front floors from a typical leaking windsheild gasket. Needs paint and interior work. Teh doors have working power window lifts and power mirrors. NO TITLE. I saved the car from a crusher.

1975 short block
Twin 40mm Webers, 121 head with E12 Valves, Schrick Double valve springs, head was cut .111 over max recomended cut, custom manual chain tensioner(as in I made it), Custom cam gear(as in I made it), Paco 7800 series cam, Mallory mechanical advance dist., header

This motor was in one of my other 2002's that had 275/50/16 comp T/A's on the rear.
It would fry those big dogs right out of the shop!

The car has a complete new front suspension, Every thing! I mean everything! Also ADDCO big front and rear sway bars. We drove the car last week but it's tune up time.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 3 2004, 06:27 PM)
The 32 Ford with the 928 engine was built here in NorCal. Mountain View to be exact. They used the whole drivetrain from a 928 in a tube chassis. It was red correct ??

B

Yes that's the car. I can't find the mag now though! crazy long thing with goofy steering shaft going over the top of the motor. Wild fast suicide machine.
rick 918-S
part of the build crew.

My oldest son Aric building the final design for the transaxle mounts.
rick 918-S
Aric's friend Luke.
Brad Roberts
Why is the pen taped to the door ?

He looks awful happy. Try to keep his enthusiasm in check... LOL

b
rick 918-S
Aric's friend Forrest.
Brad Roberts
I thought I was KING of slave labor. You win pray.gif pray.gif

B
rick 918-S
Motor looks better. just about ready for the new seals, water pump, etc.
rick 918-S
Luke cleaned this up pretty good.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 4 2004, 10:41 AM)
Why is the pen taped to the door ?

He looks awful happy. Try to keep his enthusiasm in check... LOL

b

Aric doesn't like to have his picture taken. Luke was making labels for the zip lock bags for the bolts. He didn't want to loose the pen.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 4 2004, 10:43 AM)
I thought I was KING of slave labor. You win pray.gif pray.gif

B

I'm raising a whole new breed of enthusists.
Brad Roberts
Have you taught them rust repair ?? Or do Honda's rust ??? LOL

B
rick 918-S
Luke bought his first car, 1990 BMW 325IX. GOOD BOY! He just got rearended by a moron with no insurance! So were working on pulling it out far enough so we can fit a trunk lid and get the quarter panel off the left rear tire! Forrest just test drove a 1994 325IS but his parents put an end to that with an insurance quote. He gave in and bought a Honda! Aric can't decide what he likes. He had a 91 VW GTI last summer. We bought it at auction for $ 500.00 and replaced the rear bumper for $ 100.00. Sold it on ebay for $ 2500.00 He has a Jeep for the winter. (soft top!brrrrr) He really wants my 1995 M3. (ya right) But he doesn't think he needs a job to own it. I'm trying to steer clear of rust repair.
RON S.
Cool project,and all Porsche to boot.As it should be.
Keep pluggin along. beerchug.gif It'll get there.
Ron
Scott S
Hi Rich -
I have been looking everywhere for a set of the old Addco swaybars - especially the front underbody style. My car had them but the front was bent when I had the car towed home when I initially purchased it. Is there anyway you would sell them seperate of the car (especially the front bar)? pray.gif Please let me know.

Good luck on the Alien!
Scott S
rick 918-S
You and I travel the same path. Radical 914's, aktion035.gif MGA's MDB2.gif BMW's. driving.gif As much as I would like to help you out, The bar is installed on the Car. I would sell it but it would cost $ 1500.00 confused24.gif and you would still have to take the rest of the car with it. Sorry.... wavey.gif
Joe Ricard
Rich that is a big throttle body in the CIS engine. is a Euro Piece? Wish the valley of my motor were that clean. There is going to be ALOT of torque generated with this lite car and 928 power. Crap I have to baby my 78 if the roads are damp and I am runnig 245/45-16 WR rated rubber and a 2.75:1 rear end.

So this means I just got to come ride in this car!!!!!!!!!!!!!! boldblue.gif
Joe Ricard
Ok looked back at the spider intake YUP it is a EURO piece. What do you know about the engine? What is the number on the front rib by the oil fill? Euro motors put down 300 HP in CIS trim.
DuckRyder
QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Jan 4 2004, 03:09 AM)
QUOTE(DuckRyder @ Jan 3 2004, 09:06 AM)

Bring a trailer and come and get it. $ 1500.00 It's a 1975 only real rust was the front floors from a typical leaking windsheild gasket. Needs paint and interior work. Teh doors have working power window lifts and power mirrors. NO TITLE. I saved the car from a crusher.

1975 short block
Twin 40mm Webers, 121 head with E12 Valves, Schrick Double valve springs, head was cut .111 over max recomended cut, custom manual chain tensioner(as in I made it), Custom cam gear(as in I made it), Paco 7800 series cam, Mallory mechanical advance dist., header

This motor was in one of my other 2002's that had 275/50/16 comp T/A's on the rear.

The car has a complete new front suspension, Every thing! I mean everything! Also ADDCO big front and rear sway bars. We drove the car last week but it's tune up time.

I would go for that, except that Katherine would shoot me. I already have to leave something at the office because we are out of parking spots.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Jan 5 2004, 03:17 PM)

So this means I just got to come ride in this car!!!!!!!!!!!!!! boldblue.gif

You'll see it at the West Coast 914 Classic If things go as planned. I'm also working on making Barber Dave's event later the same month. so I'm hard at work smash.gif

I'll let you sit in the driver seat, tickle the key, feel the power pulsing behind your back. But before you let out the clutch you need to be wearing a depends! lol2.gif laugh.gif (kidding....)
rick 918-S
QUOTE(DuckRyder @ Jan 5 2004, 03:34 PM)
QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Jan 4 2004, 03:09 AM)
QUOTE(DuckRyder @ Jan 3 2004, 09:06 AM)

Bring a trailer and come and get it. $ 1500.00 It's a 1975 only real rust was the front floors from a typical leaking windsheild gasket. Needs paint and interior work. Teh doors have working power window lifts and power mirrors. NO TITLE. I saved the car from a crusher.

1975 short block

I would go for that, except that Katherine would shoot me. I already have to leave something at the office because we are out of parking spots.

Ya, I spent a butt load of money on the car. Actually I spent a butt load of money on a pile of parts i had laying around. I just stuck a bunch of my leftover parts on the car to save having to store a bunch of boxes. If I had the time I'd part it out. I've had the car for sale for several years now but no takers. I also have a 1977 530I that is stupid crazy with new parts. I have that on ebay now. 3 days in and no bids.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Jan 5 2004, 03:21 PM)
Ok looked back at the spider intake YUP it is a EURO piece. What do you know about the engine? What is the number on the front rib by the oil fill? Euro motors put down 300 HP in CIS trim.

1980 Euro spec "S" 300 Hp. That is through restrictive exhaust, +30hp, pollition pump, air conditioning compressor, big cast alluminum fan, etc. OH YA! aktion035.gif driving.gif
hargray2
That's one of the most beautiful v8's I've ever seen. Great project!
rick 918-S
Back in the trenches. We made a coool rear trunk panel.
Gint
That looks great Rich! smilie_pokal.gif
GWN7
Nice smile.gif beer.gif
Eric Taylor
that car is gona be way to cool when it's done. What are you going to do about the firewall? Making a removiable access panel?
Eric
redshift
HO MY GOD! That ROCKS Rich! smilie_pokal.gif

M
rick 918-S
Thanks all. Glad your enjoying my madness. I though about making a removable access panel but there isnt anything tha can really be serviced from back there anyway. In hindsight I really didnt need to remove the stock floor and rear trunk bulk head once I figured out how to move the motor forward. So the new panel is really fixing a mistake. (live and learn for the next one confused24.gif )
If I had a parts car I would just section back in a stock floor. the only mod would be a small dog house over the fuel distributor like the V8 chevy guy use with the HEI distributor.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(73/2.0 9fourteen @ Jan 10 2004, 11:53 PM)
that car is gona be way to cool when it's done. What are you going to do about the firewall? Making a removiable access panel?
Eric

Yes in the passanger compartment. Were just about finished with that too. Film...er ahhh... Photos at 11:00 lol3.gif I havent figured out how I'm going to check the oil yet. the dip stick is in the front. I need to quit procrastinating and bring my custom oil pan back to the TIG welder for one more mod. smash.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.