Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: things listed on dealer window sticker
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
jonferns
ok, I was looking at my dealer window sticker, and listed on it is Calif Emissions - $15.00

Any idea what this included?
Pat Garvey
Jon,

I have no idea! But, it serves you right for bringing a left coast 914 to the east coast.

I'm just kidding guys! Though, when I think about it.......
Pat
jonferns
icon_bump.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
J,
A guess on my part is that the $15 charge was a California (only)-mandated charge that was levied on the importer/distributor to assure California emissions compliance. I've seen new Alfas, VWs and Hondas over the course of some almost thirty years get allocated to us here in the midwest (Cincinnati, specifically) that had a California Emissions compliance notation on the window sticker (aka Monroney Label).
I can't begin to tell you whether that $15 charge was for actual hardware on the car (i.e. hose(s), vacuum lines, emissions valves, sensors), or was just collected by the manufacturer/distributor/dealer through the cost of sale (justified by its presence on the window sticker) to offset California emission compliance regulations.

Paul
davep
Can you see any differences in the emissions equipment between that car and the other cars? What is the engine # and code?
jonferns
hey dave, ill get that for you in a little bit
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.