Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is the space-saver wheel usable as a standard wheel?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Danny_Ocean
I've been trying to find a set of steel rims for my car, but can't seem to find any used. There are, however, a ton of space-saver wheel/tires available. Can I mount "regular" tires on the space-saver wheel and roll with them?
pboerner914
QUOTE(Danny_Ocean @ Oct 16 2007, 08:34 PM) *

I've been trying to find a set of steel rims for my car, but can't seem to find any used. There are, however, a ton of space-saver wheel/tires available. Can I mount "regular" tires on the space-saver wheel and roll with them?

Hi Danny, I posted some of those on the classified section. Let me know.

I wouldn't use the space-saver... the rim is narrower stock ? at least most of the time......Phil
Dr. Roger
buyer beware.

those space savers get bent up in crashes and if you find a pile of them to purchase they may be stock piled from ol' fender benders.
Cap'n Krusty
The bug guys run 'em with 135 x 13 tires on 'em, and that's about the widest you can go. But then, those guys don't give a sh*t about safety, only the "image". I'd avoid 'em like the plague. Besides, I doubt they're available in the 4 lug configuration used in the /4s. The Cap'n
Danny_Ocean
PM sent. Thanks.

QUOTE(pboerner914 @ Oct 17 2007, 12:22 AM) *
Hi Danny, I posted some of those on the classified section. Let me know.

SGB
I think you should put on two- one front left and one rear right. Just think of the thrills! And maybe it will increase gas mileage. Most of the time only two or three tires would be on the ground!

EDIT: I'm not makin' fun of you, it was just a crazy image that formed in my head...
dakotaewing
I have a set of 4 steel wheels with tires available - I'll let them go for a reasonable market rate plus shipping - How much shipping would be depends on what you call the "southwest" -

Best -
Thom
Danny_Ocean
You might want to re-read my post. I'm not contemplating running space-saver tires, but running standard tires on space-saver wheels. These wheels appear to be similar to a standard steel wheel and, in fact, may be one in the same.

QUOTE(SGB @ Oct 17 2007, 10:26 AM) *

I think you should put on two- one front left and one rear right. Just think of the thrills! And maybe it will increase gas mileage. Most of the time only two or three tires would be on the ground!

EDIT: I'm not makin' fun of you, it was just a crazy image that formed in my head...

burton73
I have a perfect 5 lug 15” that I put my Fuch on for my spare if you want it. It is very heavy. West LA

Bob
Danny_Ocean
QUOTE(burton73 @ Oct 18 2007, 01:41 AM) *

I have a perfect 5 lug 15” that I put my Fuch on for my spare if you want it. It is very heavy. West LA

Bob

Thanks, but I need 4-lug wheels. When I do the 5-lug conversion I'll be switching to Fuchs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.