Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Used mallory unilite
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
So, as I am setting up my engine for the shakedown fireing this weekend, I put the Mallory on. It has all the plug wire attached to it. How do I figure out what plug wire goes to what spark plug.

Right now the engine is at TDC, and the mallory has been installed as in the manual I downloaded.

Zach
t collins
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Oct 16 2007, 04:47 PM) *

So, as I am setting up my engine for the shakedown fireing this weekend, I put the Mallory on. It has all the plug wire attached to it. How do I figure out what plug wire goes to what spark plug.

Right now the engine is at TDC, and the mallory has been installed as in the manual I downloaded.

Zach

Hey Zach,
Remove the dist. cap and note the position of the rotary button it should now be pointing to no. 1, place the no.1 wire in that hole. Now in a clock wise direction on the cap place the no. 4 wire on the cap, then the no. 3 and last no. 2
jaybird840
Man, do yourself a favor and read the Mallory install threads I posted last week... And for Heaven's sake, make sure it's wired up right. Cost me a $100 bill for having it wired backwards!!!!

--Jaybird
Aaron Cox
if the engine is at TDC for #1, rotate the dizzy to point at ANY plug on the cap.
You have no arbitrarily selected that node on the cap to be cylinder #1.

continue plug wire hook up in the 1 4 3 2 order.

(it makes no difference how a mallory is installed, as it is optical pickup vs points)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.