Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear trunk lock not locking anymore?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
lately (since the RRC in moab) my rear trunk lid wouldn't stay locked down anymore.

every once in a while, it would just pop open by itself. and it has gotten worse to the point that i couldn't lock the trunk anymore for the last few days.

so today i went to EASY in emeryville and had john fetch me the best rear trunk lock assembly he could find.

below is a picture that clearly (haha) shows the old pin on the left being rounded to the point of being useless.

the new to me pin from EASY (on the right) still has a nice sharp edge and locks in perfectly!
smilie_pokal.gif Andy

Wilhelm
Just need to tig up the low spot on the old one, regrind it and sell it on ebay as 'remanufactured to spec' for a $100.00 or so. happy11.gif
SirAndy
all cleaned up and ready to go back into the car ...

shades.gif Andy

TravisNeff
I had a similar experience with my trunk pin, except I found out about it when I was trailering it backwards down the freeway. chair.gif
watsonrx13
Andy, thanks for the heads up....

Now, does anyone make the plastic insert or know of a substitution I can use? shades.gif

-- Rob
SGB
the Horror!

QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Oct 17 2007, 12:48 AM) *

I had a similar experience with my trunk pin, except I found out about it when I was trailering it backwards down the freeway. chair.gif

smokey
Very nice Andy . John is good people with great prices . Good to here . You sure made it look drooley.gif Thanks 4 the 411 on a chip . (3.2 ) . Peace smoke.gif
mightyohm

QUOTE(Wilhelm @ Oct 16 2007, 06:30 PM) *

Just need to tig up the low spot on the old one, regrind it and sell it on ebay as 'remanufactured to spec' for a $100.00 or so. happy11.gif

That's what Fiid did on his car and it worked. biggrin.gif
scotty b
That may have been your issue but one time my trunk kept popping open. Upon closer inspection I realized it was in fact my trunk monkey tying to escape. Summa ma bitch monkey. BAD MONKEY BAD slap.gif
smokey
Found the monkey. It WAS is my trunck To .Puppy got it now. Peace R
Allan
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Oct 17 2007, 03:08 AM) *

Now, does anyone make the plastic insert or know of a substitution I can use? shades.gif

-- Rob

Get ahold of THOMAS.

He made a bunch of repros awhile back. Look and work like the factory ones...
watsonrx13
QUOTE(Headrage @ Oct 17 2007, 11:17 PM) *

-- Rob

Get ahold of THOMAS.

Thanks Alan. Is it thomasotten on this board?

-- Rob
Allan
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Oct 18 2007, 03:18 AM) *

-- Rob

Get ahold of THOMAS.

-- Rob

Nope, just THOMAS.

Resident so cal german guy... smile.gif
watsonrx13
QUOTE(Headrage @ Oct 18 2007, 10:29 AM) *

QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Oct 18 2007, 03:18 AM) *

-- Rob

Get ahold of THOMAS.

-- Rob

Nope, just THOMAS.

Resident so cal german guy... smile.gif

Oh, T H O M A S?

Thanks Alan, I sent him an e-mail....

-- Rob
Brett W
You can braze it up and re-file the notch. Did it on my car and the trunk now works great. Too bad I wrecked the car around the trunk. But it did stay latched.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.