Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dissatisfied classified experience
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
slim72914
So I bought a part from a fellow 914world member recently and when I recieved it I didnt get what I expected. I was trying to get a clutch tube intact with the fire wall patch section and I got only the firewall section with the clutch tube cut off about 1.5" long. I Messaged the seller who said he would cut out the rest of the clutch tube and send it to me. That was 2 weeks ago. I messaged them day before yester day with no reply and their member info says they logged in today . Now what? Ask for a refund or is that out of the question because they had to cut it out of the car??
SGB
Send another PM. They can be missed.
TROJANMAN
throw him into the pond...........and see if he floats

alpha434
Hire a freaking bounty hunter.

Why does everyone need to know "what to do?" Well. Fuching handle it like you would any other transaction. You purchase item "A," and you receive item "B." Talk to person "C." If solution "D" cannot be reached, then divide by "E" to get your money back.

VaccaRabite
Did you ask for pics, or try and confirm that the item was actually what you wanted? Did you make it totally clear that the clutch tube needed to be in-tact?

Unless the guy advertised one thing, and sold you something else, I'd say you should probaly just suck it up. As a seller its kind of annoying to be asked a bunch of questions, but as a buyer, you HAVE to know that what you are buying it what is for sale. If the part is not rusted, you will be able to resell it.

Zach
rhodyguy
will this get the job done? these are not an easy item to remove while salvaging the complete tube. i doubt i will attempt it again. just a little pain and a little a blood. a picture will tell the story. i'll post one if you want me to.

k
tdgray
All sarcasm aside from the boys posting before me and no offense to you Slim (okay maybe a little)... I think all this "outing" of seller / vendor problems is getting rediculous.

I mean come on... haven't you people ever had to deal with problems in purchasing before???

Are we so shielded by the fact that we are not face to face that we feel free to start throwing rocks whenever there is the slightest hint of a kink in a transaction. chair.gif

I say enough... this is one area that I would like to see the Admins curb this petty stupid posting.

Just my .02... Rant off mad.gif
rhodyguy
how much does this add to the value of clutch tube?
tdgray
Ewwww... barf.gif

Thanks... I was enjoying my morning muffin until now icon8.gif
watsonrx13
Damn, there goes my lunch.... icon8.gif .. barf.gif

-- Rob
jhadler
Thanks a lot! 331.gif

I was having a nice morning enjoying my coffee 'till now...

Geez...

-Josh2
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 18 2007, 06:28 AM) *

Ooooooo, nice one. Any maggots yet?

We are all adults here (Ok, most of us) , I know why you ask, but this is between

you and the fella you bought it from. PM him again and be patient, if he has

integrity he will get back with you. If not, you have learned a valuble lesson, and

no court in SoCal would convict you. smile.gif
kart54
Pick up the telephone and call the individual. You do remember how that works right?
If you didn't get a phone number when you did the deal (something I always do just in case) Then look at the box your part came in, get his return address off of it, and go to Zabasearch. com and find his number.
Give him a call and get it resolved and find better things to do with your time then post here with this kind of thing. The time you took to post you could have picked up a phone and had it resolved.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Kart 54
orange914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 18 2007, 05:24 AM) *

will this get the job done? these are not an easy item to remove while salvaging the complete tube. i doubt i will attempt it again. just a little pain and a little a blood. a picture will tell the story. i'll post one if you want me to.

k

this guy will do you right, i've done business with him-good parts-good price thumb3d.gif

mike
Allan
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 18 2007, 05:28 AM) *

Hey Kev,

When that happens here,

we call it a scratch... biggrin.gif
TROJANMAN
Kevin is a questionable character. He doesn't like William Shatner.

laugh.gif
slim72914
I have no problem attempting to resolve a problem on my own. But when the other party didnt respond or follow through with what they had promised for 2 weeks I started to wonder what was up. Since it was a part cut from a car special for me I wondered if I would be out of line to askfor a refund. This is all irrelevant now since the other party replied prommising to send it in the next few days.

Additionally. Why even open the thread if you dont want to have anything to do with the topic???
jimkelly
i always ask for pics and usually get them - so far most transactions have gone as planned.

that said - that hand looks like crap - hydrogen peroxide and neosporen - every day - and chicken soup : )

jim
KELTY360
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 18 2007, 06:28 AM) *

Kevin! Bet you invented a few new words with that one. May not have increased the value of the part, but it sure dropped the value of the hand.

The good news is......it will buff right out. blink.gif
rhodyguy
slim, i opened the thread due to your appearent delema. i took the tube assembly out on wed thinking you might need it rather than send the assem out with the car to the crusher. i guess not. sorry for the inconvenience. more often than not these part complaint, 'what do i do?', threads take this sideways route.

marc, about all i said was " turn the grinder off" after i threw it on the ground. tis but a minor flesh wound. not like it's a displaced wrist or ankle fracture. i've had those. they hurt!!!
slim72914
Rhody, thanks for the pics and offer. I appreciate someone trying to help,rather than critisize me for starting this thread. If it falls through I'll PM you but dont hold it on my account if you are getting rid of stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.