Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reputable Shops in Sonoma County?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
OmegaM1A1
So, for those who don't already know, I'm in Sonoma County with a not-working 914. Ever since our bad experience with Joel & Ron, we've (me and my dad) been looking for a reputable shop in Sonoma County. Santa Rosa is preferred, Rohnert Park is alright too, but I'd have to say the farthest out we would want to go is Napa or Sonoma.

I've caught wind of Original Customs over in Napa, anybody got any opinions on them? When/if we get a trailer for my dad's roommates truck that can actually hold the 914, driving it over to Napa and such shouldn't be that big of a deal.

So yeah. If anybody here knows of good Sonoma/Napa county shops, do tell. Also, places that could do paint would be nice to know as well.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(OmegaM1A1 @ Oct 16 2007, 11:33 PM) *

So, for those who don't already know, I'm in Sonoma County with a not-working 914. Ever since our bad experience with Joel & Ron, we've (me and my dad) been looking for a reputable shop in Sonoma County. Santa Rosa is preferred, Rohnert Park is alright too, but I'd have to say the farthest out we would want to go is Napa or Sonoma.

I've caught wind of Original Customs over in Napa, anybody got any opinions on them? When/if we get a trailer for my dad's roommates truck that can actually hold the 914, driving it over to Napa and such shouldn't be that big of a deal.

So yeah. If anybody here knows of good Sonoma/Napa county shops, do tell. Also, places that could do paint would be nice to know as well.

Mark of Original Customs is a long-haired hippy freak born about 20 years too late to do any cool hippy stuff... smoke.gif So he works on 914 which gives him peaceful feelings and stuff... Not really. biggrin.gif Just kidding. biggrin.gif Original Customs will straight up handle your problem. Call him.
jgara962
agree.gif

You can't go wrong with Mark working on your car - unless you have him set the timing biggrin.gif
OmegaM1A1
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'll see if I can get a flatbed or something and get the car over to him. Here's the thing, though. I don't want somebody else to do the work. I want to be an auto mechanic after I graduate high school so what better time to start than now. All I need is some manuals and me tools.
mightyohm
The best way to learn is by doing it yourself.
OmegaM1A1
I'll actually just have Mark or somebody diagnose the problem and suggest what parts to buy, then I'll do all the wrenching.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.