Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Going from remote oil filter to stock location
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
Okay, this engine used a remote oil cooler, and it looks like the stock location for the oil filter has been changed to an inlet and outlet pipe. I am not going to run an external cooler (unless I find that I need to).

While I could just run some hose to the remote oil filter, and bolt it somewhere, is it east to place it back to the stock location?

Zach
type47
when i got the orange car (the one i drove to frederick), it was a race car with a front mounted oil cooler. the braided lines to the cooler were connected to a plate that has outlet and inlet connections for the braided hoses. the plate simply unbolts from the stock oil filter "tower" by means of a "bolt" that holds the plate to the tower and allows the oil filter to screw onto the "bolt". maybe yours is the same?

edit: i found this sandwich oil cooler adapter in the accesories section of pelican parts

well, the pic is too big but it says 1 kb in size. anyway, the adapter is on PP
Aaron Cox
the stock filter mount has a bypass, so when oil pressure is high, it does not get filtered.

Your motor sounds like it has been full-flowed, which is a good thing
maf914
agree.gif

Type47 has the right idea.

You need to determine if you still have the stock oil filter console in place with a take-off plate adapter for the oil lines to the remote cooler to connect to or if the oil filter console was removed and the oil lines are connected directly to the engine case outlets. If the stock oil filter console is still in place you should be able to remove the adapter plate and simply screw on an oil filter.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(maf914 @ Oct 17 2007, 02:14 PM) *

agree.gif

Type47 has the right idea.

You need to determine if you still have the stock oil filter console in place with a take-off plate adapter for the oil lines to the remote cooler to connect to or if the oil filter console was removed and the oil lines are connected directly to the engine case outlets. If the stock oil filter console is still in place you should be able to remove the adapter plate and simply screw on an oil filter.

I'll have to see what I have tonight when I get home. It would not be a big deal to remote mount my oil filter, but it would be nice just to have it in the stock location too.

Zach
VaccaRabite
well, that was easy. It just unscrewed, and now I can mount my oil filter. smile.gif

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.