Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: These cars always surprise you
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
Only took me 21 years to notice. I haven't done all the work on the car, but still.

Don't know when or why it was removed. But, today as I was adjusting my valves I looked down where it should be and there is nothing there. The hardware is gone, no pulley and the cable was cut at the shaft connecting the flaps.

The car has never run hot as far as I could tell. Head temps max at about 320 as I remember.

I think I'm going to replace it. So what do you think?

Dave
Bleyseng
I would for the NW. Quickly getting to operating temps is much easier on the motor. My dad installed a thermostat backwards killed the motor on a Ford truck.

I do have a set up if you want it.

Geoff
Brad Roberts
Yep. Install it. Faster warm ups is a good thing.

B
ChrisReale
Get one, it will be easier on your car during cold starts. Is this a DAPO of a DACO issue?
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Dave ,Thanks for posting it makes me feel a lot better. The same identical thing happened to me . Only mine is missing the flaps on top of the engine also.
How in the hell could I miss some thing like that.
and all the time bitching about how crappy it ran when cold. I felt like doing this to my self. ar15.gif Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.