Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eye and lung protection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
type11969
I get the feeling that I will be having some metal removed from my eye today at the eye doctor, not really a good time and this is the second time in a few months that I have had to do it. I always wear eye protection of some safety glasses or face shield, but crap always seems to get around them. Goggles would be best, but I can never find any goggles that fit with the dust/grinding/welding mask I am wearing. Any suggestions?

-Chris
brer
I was wearing average safety glasses and ended up in urgent care 2 months straight for metal in my eye. One piece fell into my eye taking off my shirt after I was already home, and lodged itself! Such BS I was so pissed.

I bought some safety glasses with an elastic band on them that worked great, like goggles but with a curved lens. Work great, but when you scratch them you'll be bummin' like I was.

watsonrx13
Yep, I always wear goggles. I've got a pair I've had for about (5) years and I asked my wife if she could get me another pair. Unfortunately she hasn't found any that I like or would sit correctly. So I have a great pair that is scratched badly, but better the goggle's lens scratched than mine... shades.gif

BTW, good luck at the doctor's visit...

-- Rob
Joe Ricard
Rob Just get a new pair Smash them with a hammer on one side and run over them with the car on the other. Should fit fine
type11969
No metal, fortunately, some other crud err I mean foreign bodies though. Have any of you ever found any goggles that fit with face masks? Or do you sacrifice your lungs for your eyes?
PeeGreen 914
I actually use swimming goggles when I use my respirator. They actually work really well, and I have not had anything get in my eyes since.
lotus_65
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Oct 17 2007, 01:20 PM) *

I actually use swimming goggles when I use my respirator. They actually work really well, and I have not had anything get in my eyes since.

agree.gif

i don't know if they have the same impact rating, but for low-mid-grade work i'm sure they're fine (especially for nasty grimey work).
if you've got really major stuff flying, you could always put regular safety glasses over the swim goggles.
PeeGreen 914
I've actually never had a problem, and the goggles I have are a harder plastic than any safty glasses I have. I guess it does depend on what quality swim goggles you buy as well. Competition goggles are made from tougher and better plastics than your typical swim goggles.
type11969
I was thinking that the other day, I tried a set a while ago but they were left over from when I was a kid and were obviously too small . . . I guess I'll be hitting a sporting good store later on today. Thanks for the tip!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.