Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where to buy pre-flared brake hard lines?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
Does anyone know where i can get some brake lines with the metric/914 flare and ends on them already?

I know skline did this when he went to volvo calipers....

Anyone have a source?
Gary
A good FLAPS will have them in various lengths - usually tucked in the back with the hoses and fan belts. I got mine from NAPA years ago. The metric ones have green anodized fittings on the end. There's a hard line up front (the right I think), where the off-the-shelf lengths aren't very close. Proper thing would have been to cut and reflare. I put a loop in the middle... blink.gif
TravisNeff
NAPA
jd74914
I got mine from Pep Boys. I had to go into the back and look though, the guys couldn't find metric things laugh.gif
Hammy
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Oct 17 2007, 11:31 AM) *

I got mine from Pep Boys. I had to go into the back and look though, the guys couldn't find metric things laugh.gif

agree.gif
I got mine at Pep Boys too. They had no metric stuff on the floor. One of the guys took me in the back and there was a rack full of the right stuff.
Twystd1
Aaron,

I can have custom made "whatever" for you this week. CHEAP...!!!!!

I am having several AN hoses and a slew of Honda hard lines and Braided lines made this week.
Call me with whatever you need.

If you think that would serve you.

Claytonobitch
cobra94563
if you only need one line..whoever is close should have it.
If you need a bunch, I picked up a set from a VW shop..and there are several in socal. cheap!
PRS914-6
Napa. I bought the longest lines they had and cut them to fit, re-flaring the ends with a bubble flaring tool as needed.
rhodyguy
aaron, do you need special ones for the boxters or just a replacement set of stockers? lmk.

k
neo914-6
eBay <$40, see my thread...
rhodyguy
if aa needed them...pay it forward if you know what i mean.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.