Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: question on pedal assembly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SECHSER
them pedal bushings in my 6 are pretty worn out and i have a set of pedals with good bushing from my old 4. so i wonder if i could swap them, but then how would the hand throttle mechanism on my 6 work..? and what if i were to swap the pedal assembly but keep the 6 throttle part..? wait, am i just making this too complicated?? blink.gif perhaps i should just get set of new bushings and rebuild my 6 pedals. huh.gif
McMark
The 'throttle part' is the only difference.
Cap'n Krusty
Get the bushings. Rebuild the cluster. You'll have the experience behind you when the next project comes along ... The Cap'n
smontanaro
Toss in your -4 pedals for now and ship your -6 pedals to Eric Shea for rebuilding. I bought a rebuilt pedal cluster from Eric then just swapped back the throttle bit from my -6 cluster and sent the original back to him as a new core.

Skip

smontanaro
Ack! How'd this duplicate get in there? I posted my quick reply. Got back a page with a new reply by Krusty, but not my reply, and my fast reply box was still there with my text, so I submitted again. Then I get two! Sorry for the noise...

S

SECHSER
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Oct 19 2007, 06:57 AM) *

Toss in your -4 pedals for now and ship your -6 pedals to Eric Shea for rebuilding. I bought a rebuilt pedal cluster from Eric then just swapped back the throttle bit from my -6 cluster and sent the original back to him as a new core.

Skip

hm.. sounds like a good idea skip, thanks. how much did he charge for that..? or maybe i'll just pm him smile.gif
smontanaro
I don't recall exactly how much I paid. $115-$130? Check out the PMB Performance website: http://www.pmbperformance.com/

Skip

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.