Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What spring with Bilstein
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
WoodOne337
I know this question will generate a lot of different opinions, but I have searched and still can’t come to a decision.

I will be replacing the suspension very soon. All the factory items are still in place and much worn. The car has a factory rear sway bar. I will be installing Bilstein’s at all four corners. I am not sure if they are HD or sport, what ever Perf. Products sells. (Items #901980 and 904770). I will also be installing Weltmeister springs and that is my question. Should they be 100# or 140#? The car is intended to be a daily driver and will never be used on the track or for AX. Just the occasional on ramp or tight sweeper. I do like the look of a lowered stance on my vehicles, but would like a compliant street ride. 100# or 140# any advice?
Joe Ricard
I did not think that the 150 coil overs were too stiff for my car (WAY BACK WHEN) Nice balance with the stock front torsion bars.

Really 40 pound increase is so minimal
Aaron Cox
i ran 140's and 180's with 19mm t bar up front. very comfy.....

now i run 225's with 22mm tbars up front
dlo914
When i had my 914, in the rear i ran the Bilsteins w/ the adjustable perches and i combined these struts w/ 140# Weltmeister Springs. And was great for daily driving and some spirited driving.
rhodyguy
ext adj koni reds, stock f&r anti-sway bars, stock torsion bars. 100# coils on threaded collars. comphy, compliant, balanced (to me). great on the street.

k
carlilg
I just replaced the sagging stockers on my '73 with some red konis with adjustable perches and 150# springs. I was afraid the ride would be jarring with the heavier springs, but it handles great and the ride is good. Certainly easier to take than the stock 1990 Corvette I used to drive.
WoodOne337
I found out that the Bilsteins are the HD version. Will it make a difference on my choice of spring? 100# or 140#
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(WoodOne337 @ Oct 19 2007, 09:36 AM) *

I know this question will generate a lot of different opinions, but I have searched and still can’t come to a decision.

I will be replacing the suspension very soon. All the factory items are still in place and much worn. The car has a factory rear sway bar. I will be installing Bilstein’s at all four corners. I am not sure if they are HD or sport, what ever Perf. Products sells. (Items #901980 and 904770). I will also be installing Weltmeister springs and that is my question. Should they be 100# or 140#? The car is intended to be a daily driver and will never be used on the track or for AX. Just the occasional on ramp or tight sweeper. I do like the look of a lowered stance on my vehicles, but would like a compliant street ride. 100# or 140# any advice?

100 lb not doubt about it.
WoodOne337
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 19 2007, 05:33 PM) *

QUOTE(WoodOne337 @ Oct 19 2007, 09:36 AM) *

100 lb not doubt about it.

Could you elaborate please.
Aaron Cox
HD's or sports?

sports have shorter shafts if i recall to compensate for lower ride heights
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.