Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Need American car shop recommendation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eric914
My nephew recently moved to Huston to become a cop (graduated in June from the academy). He is looking for a good independent shop to take his car to.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

As to why Huston, they were hiring. He wants to be an FBI agent but the FBI won’t talk to you until you are 23. They recommend you go out and do the cop or military thing for a few years to get experience.
Thack
I live in Houston. I've gone to Pro Technik in Stafford. That guy works on all Porsches and a lot of Porche race cars. They are expensive though. There is a VW shop Pasadena that I wanted to look into. A porsche mechanic from a local dealer told me they have guys that work on old air cooled cars. Of course they get $100 a shop hour at the Porsche dealership. Here is a place that looks to be a good place to look but I have never taken my car here. http://swissgarage.com/
michaelt55
there are a couple of decent ones for american cars in Rice Village. However...lots of high priced ones are common..

Michael
Thack
You forgot to state what kind of car your nephew has. smile.gif
eric914
QUOTE(Thack @ Oct 21 2007, 07:51 AM) *

You forgot to state what kind of car your nephew has. smile.gif

I'll get ahold of him tonight and find out.
xperu
QUOTE(Thack @ Oct 20 2007, 12:23 PM) *

I live in Houston. I've gone to Pro Technik in Stafford. That guy works on all Porsches and a lot of Porche race cars. They are expensive though. There is a VW shop Pasadena that I wanted to look into. A porsche mechanic from a local dealer told me they have guys that work on old air cooled cars. Of course they get $100 a shop hour at the Porsche dealership. Here is a place that looks to be a good place to look but I have never taken my car here. http://swissgarage.com/

I live in the houston area, I'll have to try this shop. What part of the Houston area area do you live. I'm in League City between Houston and Galveston. Mike
Thack
I live in the Montrose area and I work in Sugar Land. No to hijack this thread but we need to have a Houston meet in the near future before we get busy with the holidays. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.