Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: best way to Store unmounted tires?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Picked up a nice set of used hoosier AX tires the other week, but I won't be mounting them until some time next spring. What is the best way to store them for the winter? I was planning big trash bags with tires on their sides off the floor in the shed. Sound good?
GWN7
Any place dry and out of the sun. Don't pile anything on them.
JPB
In the living room, ya know, on the coffee table next to the trany unsure.gif
Joe Ricard
Do not let them freeze.
Inside or in the basement. Black heavy duty trash bags. tape the openings up. stack on thier side. and yea don't stack anything else on the four tires.

In the spring you will know if you are succesful if the tires are still stinky. If you can smell the itres during the winter you need to seal them better. Some say not to put the tires next to electric motors
What ya get?
computers4kids
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Oct 19 2007, 09:09 PM) *

What is the best way to store them for the winter?

Due to your location back east, there are additional lunar gravitational pulls that will effect the "roundness" of an unmounted tire not re-enforced by a rim. If you send them to me in California, for you, I will mount them proudly on some spare rims and keep them round by driving driving.gif them this winter. They will also match the "awesome" service covers that I display proudly when I work on my engine. laugh.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.