Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My House
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
We're getting a new well and this is where it will come in through the foundation.
ChrisFoley
This is the hole outside the house. The foundation sits on ledge.
This is just the sort of thing I needed around the holidays. sad.gif
Fortunately the snow melted and the weather has been relatively warm.
d914
looks like fun, hope somone else is wielding the shovel...
Mark Henry
The dirt even looks like rust!!!

smash.gif
redshift
Ashes to ashes, rust to rust, nuthin' left but Porsche dust.

My favorite color.

M
GWN7
How far down do they have to go to get good water?
maf914
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Dec 29 2003, 09:22 AM)

About two feet. At least that's where I hit the city water main while putting in my lawn sprinkler system. laugh.gif

The lawn sprinkler system is supplied by a pump drawing from three 20' shallow wells. Not recommended for drinking! icon8.gif

Good water is 300-500' around here. beerchug.gif

Mike
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Dec 29 2003, 12:22 PM)

They drilled 600 ft for 2.5 gal/min. mad.gif

This is a view of the trench to the well looking from my basement door.
ChrisFoley
The hell hole is all filled in now. It will be a couple of days before the system is up and running. Fortunately our old shallow well system is marginally functional still.
ChrisFoley
I'll have to repair a few 914 hell holes to pay for all the help I have on this project.
r_towle
If they clean the line it may flow better...
They send in a Fracker and Frack the line (Blast alot of air/water down the hole and clean it out)

You should get around 5 gal /min...I think thats what you normally need to take a shower....

Rich
Curvie Roadlover
You didn't find any deposed dictators in there, did ya? Kinda looks like Saddam's most recent presidential palace in that first pic. idea.gif
crash914
yea, try fracking frank.....did a friends well and he has water coming out his ears....

I got a hole in front of my house too, I will try to get a picture, dug up in front of my garage to repair the drive way, now have a swimming pool. too late in the year to get asphalt.... at least the 914 is in the garage and the wifes van is outside..... laugh.gif I got the whole place for myself.......at least until the gravel arrives.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.