Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Master Cylinder switch?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Danny_Ocean
I removed my belly-pan for the first time and took a close look at the master cylinder. There is what appears to be a brake light switch screwed in to the left (driver's) side that has one electrical connection. Hanging next to the switch, dis-connected, are two wires, which look like they would plug in to this switch...but there's only one spade... ???
ejm
That switch trips the brake warning light if one circuit of the master cylinder fails. The early/original switches had a ground wire, the later switch is self grounding thru the master. The brown with white marker is the wire you want hooked to the single terminal on the switch. The switch also has a reset button you'll need to push in after bleeding the brakes to put the light out.
Danny_Ocean
Great info. Thanks!

QUOTE(ejm @ Oct 21 2007, 03:58 PM) *

That switch trips the brake warning light if one circuit of the master cylinder fails. The early/original switches had a ground wire, the later switch is self grounding thru the master. The brown with white marker is the wire you want hooked to the single terminal on the switch. The switch also has a reset button you'll need to push in after bleeding the brakes to put the light out.

Dave_Darling
The brake light switch is located on the pedal cluster, not on the master cylinder.

--DD
Danny_Ocean
Thanks, I realize this. The switch in the M/C "appears to be" a brake light switch. I didn't know how else to describe it.
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 21 2007, 10:40 PM) *

The brake light switch is located on the pedal cluster, not on the master cylinder.

--DD

McMark
It's a brake failure warning switch thingy. Duh! av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.