Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did the targa trim change over the years?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
jd74914
Ok guys, so I'm putting my '74 back together. The car had vinyl on it, and the trim that goes of the bottom of the vinyl (see picture) is wider than the trim on my brother's '70.

Mine is also held on with rivets and a slide lock thingie (my dad said his '70 had this too) but my brother's doesn't. His trim is held on by a little clip that pops into a hole in the body. When you want to remover his you just squeeze the clip and it pops out. Sorry I don't have any pictures of his, but are both of ours stock trim?
jd74914
I forgot the picture, here it is
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Oct 21 2007, 07:49 PM) *

Ok guys, so I'm putting my '74 back together. The car had vinyl on it, and the trim that goes of the bottom of the vinyl (see picture) is wider than the trim on my brother's '70.

Mine is also held on with rivets and a slide lock thingie (my dad said his '70 had this too) but my brother's doesn't. His trim is held on by a little clip that pops into a hole in the body. When you want to remover his you just squeeze the clip and it pops out. Sorry I don't have any pictures of his, but are both of ours stock trim?

I thought they were ALL the same, with the "slide lock thingie". Are you sure that you're "little clip" isn't the same thing?

I've also never seen anything but the same narrow trim on the bottom of the vinyl.

Can you show us the difference?
Pat
jd74914
My '74 has the slide lock . . . my brother's '70 doesn't. I'm pretty sure his trim is original because his car definitely has its original paint and the sail panels aren't completely covered in paint (as seen on some factory sail vinyl cars).

His attaches like I drew below . . . you squeeze the fastener from the back and then pop it through the hole to take it off.

His trim also is about a 1/4 in narrower than my trim (which has the standard slide lock).

Sorry for the bad drawing, I'll take a picture when I go home. I don't even have a picture of the car on this computer to compare sizes with.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.