Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This is What I did today. Removed FI
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Thack
I'm going to go over my FI system. I took everything out of the car tonight. I'll install Solex H40 carbs in the meantime. What a vast difference the engine bay looks after the FI is gone. This is the before pic.
Thack
This is after FI removal.
scrz914
Looks bare. Dirty...but bare. Clean that puppy up.

So, are you going to recondition the FI? What would that process entail?
Thack
First, I'm sending the injectors to be tested/cleaned. I found about a pound of dirt and rust in the tank. Then I'll test the fuel pump or get a new one. Look at the trigger points, get all new FI hose/lines... All of the components seemed to test OK while in the car like the MPS, CSV, TPS, pressure regulator but I was running very lean. I think not enough fuel was getting into the engine through some fault of the FI system.
scrz914
I wonder if anyone here has gotten a wild hair and bought all brand new stock FI parts. Probably can't get new TPS or throttle body, but injectors, ECU, MPS ($$), hoses and even harness can all be had brand new. Would it be more than new Webers and linkage?
Thack
QUOTE(scrz914 @ Oct 22 2007, 12:22 AM) *

I wonder if anyone here has gotten a wild hair and bought all brand new stock FI parts.

I thought about buying used Volvo FI from 80s to see if I could rig it up. I don't like that stock 914 D-jet systems are at least 30 years old.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.