Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: alms
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ppickerell
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F audi
McMark
av-943.gif It took me a second to decipher that. I was waiting for an image to load or something... laugh.gif
Dr. Roger
"Built by jet engine engineers"... confused24.gif

anyone see that old movie, "The unfair advantage"?
Audi's string of successes due to progressive technology.

can't knock 'em too much. beerchug.gif happy11.gif
roadster fan
That was a fun race to watch. I just kept telling myself that the RS Spyder races in LMP2 and won their class.

Also, how many other LMP1 cars did the Porsche finish ahead of? Pretty successful day, but I also said Faudi at the finish line.

Jim
Cap'n Krusty
See Pete Lynos' story in Autoweek.

http://autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?...CANLEMANSSERIES

Brute force, technology, and a serious weight handicap overcame light, nimble, and not-quite-so-advanced technology ....... The Audiboys drove the wheels off those things, and they won. A slower, tighter track without the major elevation changes might have given Porsche the checkered flag, but they obviously didn't have what it took, in the end. "Vorsprung Durch Technik" is the company philosophy, and it works for them.

The Cap'n, an extra proud TDi driver!
neo914-6
they won the best open house party too. laugh.gif

Click to view attachment
Michael N
A member of the crew explains how close the race will be..... av-943.gif
Michael N
some more pics....
grantsfo
That Audi was just brutally fast. It ran away from the RS Spyder like the Porsche was standing still on long straights. But then Porsche ate the Audi up in braking zones and turns. In traffic the Porsches were king.

IPB Image
grantsfo
It was fun looking at the Mazda on grid.

IPB Image
BMXerror
DAMN.. I missed it! I was supposed to be crewing up there, but things fell through with the would-be team. I need speed channel bigtime! I had a friend record the F1 race for me, though, so don't spoil the ending. biggrin.gif
Mark D.
Chuck
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Oct 22 2007, 02:29 PM) *

It was fun looking at the Mazda on grid.

IPB Image

What mazda? wub.gif

It seems like Porsche is the victim of cautions as well, especially at Petit. Every time Porsche builds a lead, someone in another class brings out the caution flag and strips the hard won Porsche advantage. I guess that's racing.
rfuerst911sc
Porsche gave Audi all they could handle this year in a car in a lower division with less power......................isn't that why we love Porsches? They won outright 7-8 times and with a little luck it could have been 9-10 if late cautions hadn't happened. So overall a very good year for Porsche and Audi. What makes me nervous is interviews that Roger Penske gave at the last race indicated he hasn't made up his mind if they are coming back based on pending rule changes? I would hate to see that as Dyson Racing isn't quite there yet. I think the ALMS has stated that Porsche will carry a weight penalty next year that the Acuras will not have? Not sure how that's fair? I'm hoping for many years of ALMS competition.
Cap'n Krusty
Penske might be saying they may not come back, but Porsche's talking 8 cars, 5 in ALMS, others in Europe ...........

http://autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?...005/1547/RACING

The Cap'n
restore2seater
Great pics, Michael.
One question. In the second picture with the view of the cockpit above the right hand of whoever is sitting, there is a layout of the track. Why would you need that?

I would think that the drivers would know the layout of the track from practice.
Would it be if something happened to the car out on the track the driver would know how far he is from the pit? confused24.gif
ppickerell
We rolled into Laguna Seca Friday night. Crew consisted of 3 Pats and a Ric. We claimed our usual sopt on the hill above turn 6

IPB Image
Set up camp and hit the bottle
IPB Image
Engine noise wakes us up Sat and we mashed up the breakfast burritos
IPB Image
while peeping this from our campsite
IPB Image
IPB Image
We were here to see Stuttgart kick some ass
IPB Image
They let the little people onto the grid b4 the main event.
IPB Image
The drivers were 14 yr old punks.
IPB Image
The hated Audi team
IPB Image
our heroes
IPB Image
IPB Image
panoz waiting
IPB Image
GT3 Cup race,
IPB Image
My favorite parking lot ride
IPB Image
hairpin
IPB Image
and sideways
IPB Image
roadster fan
I noticed the same as restore2seater. Is it so the driver can give correct info to team about the performance of the car at certain parts of the track without giving wrong position. In other words, so they call different parts of the track the same thing if they aren't as familiar with the track as us wub.gif

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
watching the race brought back fond memories of the WCC05' and lost friends.
grantsfo
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Oct 22 2007, 06:07 PM) *

Penske might be saying they may not come back, but Porsche's talking 8 cars, 5 in ALMS, others in Europe ...........

http://autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?...005/1547/RACING

The Cap'n

Yeah the top guys from Porsche NA spoke in the Porsche VIP Chalet and siad they had a clear comitment to ALMS in 2008 and would be making further improvements that they couldnt reveal.

Sounds like Porsche is in endurance racing in North America for the long haul.

IPB Image
cooltimes
Great photos.
SGB
thanx for the pics!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.