Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how does that alternator to tin gasket go in?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
purple
hey guys,

I was putting in the missing engine tin and ended up having to take the alternator out to put the tin on the left side in.

When i was trying to put the alternator back in, i noticed that a big piece of rubber fell out that forms something of a gasket with the front of the alternator to the engine tin. It was a pain in the ass to get in, and there is a gap around part of the alternator. Does anyone have a picture of how this gasket goes in? i think i may have installed it improperly as it looks like it goes in only one way.

thanks guys
MartyYeoman

The inner through hole fits over the alternator pully with the flaired lip against the tin
TJB/914
QUOTE(purple @ Oct 22 2007, 12:08 PM) *

hey guys,

I was putting in the missing engine tin and ended up having to take the alternator out to put the tin on the left side in.

When i was trying to put the alternator back in, i noticed that a big piece of rubber fell out that forms something of a gasket with the front of the alternator to the engine tin. It was a pain in the ass to get in, and there is a gap around part of the alternator. Does anyone have a picture of how this gasket goes in? i think i may have installed it improperly as it looks like it goes in only one way.

thanks guys

Purple,

This was just discussed on the "Originalty & History link". Click on "What Other Parts Repos Do We Need" and you will find your answer. I had the same issue & found out where to buy the rubber boot @ BusDepot.com

Tom
purple
Actually my DUCT is in great shape, what i'm referring to is the gasket on the OTHER side of the alternator.

Marty has the right idea. My question is though...it has a tab that goes over a bolt, does the tab go over the lower bolt or the upper bolt?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.