Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SDS on a stock engine?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BiG bOgGs
I want to keep FI on my 76 2.0, but I would like to update it with a more modern system. I have heard a lot of good about the SDS system, and I know Jake Raby has SDS for his massive engines, but I was wondering if it is possible to run this system on a stocker, and if so what should I consider.

Jim
type47
i think the SDS system is just a digital FI system for "any" engine so why not on a stock engine.... there is an SDS web site (don't know the address) but i seem to remember the applications of the different systems (4-6-8 cylinders) include a 914-4.

my next engine (i'm a very novice engine builder) is a 71mmx96mm digital EFI system. i had thought i'd use megasquirt but also am considering SDS. will decide closer to building date.
jimkelly
http://www.sdsefi.com/specific.html

or megasquirt

jim
ottox914
This will give you an idea of whats involved, but doing SDS on a stock FI system would simplfy things a bit, as you wouldn't need to re-do the fuel system, throttle bodies, linkage, and so on.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=53733&hl=

Enjoy.
BiG bOgGs
ottox914, thanks for the write up. I don't know what I did wrong in the search, but I came up with 0 results when I searched for SDS. I will be going with the basic SDS system. I don't have the time or funds to deal with fabing the crank sensor at this point. And, jimkelly, thanks for the link to their site, and type47, let us know how your build goes, no matter what system you go with,

Jim
BiG bOgGs
Why it that when I search the site for SDS I get 0 returned results? It is in this post multiple times, so I should at least be able to find this post in my searches right?
G e o r g e
QUOTE(BiG bOgGs @ Oct 23 2007, 09:13 PM) *

Why it that when I search the site for SDS I get 0 returned results? It is in this post multiple times, so I should at least be able to find this post in my searches right?

what are you typing in the search box?

BiG bOgGs
I have tried +sds, +SDS, sds, and SDS.
gopack
I am not sure, but I think that search strings need to be more than 3 characters. I once tried searching for someth9ing short like that, and I seem to recall getting a messege of that sort, (don't any more!) but I swear there used to be a messege!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.