Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: more fun @ bremerton motor sports park
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
lapping/open track day this saturday (the 27th). the weather is supposed to be nice. last event so i think there will be a good turn out with some cool cars. see you there. come watch a white 914-6 spank the high rollers. biggrin.gif anyone that wants to pick up their oil let me know and i'll bring it with me.

k
PeeGreen 914
That would be fun, but I have family stuff this weekend sad.gif
Eddie914
I plan to be there ... the weather forcast looks good.

I hope for this to be the first track day for my son ... no 914/6 for him.

Eddie
Bleyseng
I have to work mad.gif headbang.gif smash.gif bye1.gif
dinomium
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Oct 24 2007, 07:50 AM) *

I have to work mad.gif headbang.gif smash.gif bye1.gif

agree.gif Meez TOOZ

IN freakin Sequim no less!
Eddie914
Dino,

Come on! You have been itching to hit the track for years. Call in sick for at least the afternoon. I even facricated rear brake cooling ducts and installed a fresh set of Toyo RA1 tires on BBS Motorsport 3 piece wheels ... just for you Dino!

It looks like the weather will be very good.

Last year we had three Teeners there. Let's see if we can beat it this year.

Also one of the cheapest track days available ... that should bring out the teeners.

Thanks

Eddie
Eddie914
Where was everyone? Only two Teeners?

You missed out on a great day. A great track day for all the CSOB teeners owners @ $60. Great mix of cars and drivers. The weather was great. We even cooked up hot breakfast and lunch - what a deal.

Another deep red 914 was there but I never had a chance to meet the owner.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

I installed fresh Toyo RA1 tires on BBS 3pc wheels, a rear spoiler, and rear brake cooling ducts prior to the track day. Now I can almost keep up with the yellow 911 Carerra RS. After a new DRIVER is installed it should be even closer.

You should have been there. Don't miss out next year.

Eddie
rhodyguy
something last minute came up for me. that #61 car was wicked fast at the last lapping day at PRI. could you keep up with him?
Eddie914
Kevin,

I agree. The #61 car is wicked fast. They said they are down on power! They are running a Kawasaki 1100cc engine with about 120hp in a 1300lb car - short geared at about 120mph on Hoosier slicks.

Could I keep up? Well, he didn't leave me in the dust but I had to work very hard to stay close. With its low weight and fat slicks, the braking and cornering of the Pro Challenge car is pretty impressive. It seems I could gain a bit towards the end of the straight. It didn't help that he was on full slicks and I had DOT-R rubber.

The set of Toyos I put on the teener, is the first set of relatively fresh rubber I have ever had on the car so I'm still exploring the cornering and braking limits. Now I realize how worn out the Yoko a032R tires were getting. I guess the cords showing should have been an indication.

Even with the rear brake cooling ducts, the pedal was getting soft towards the end of the day. More development work is in order. Maybe a new master cylinder and rocker panel mounted brake cooling duct scoops are needed. The ducts now are 4" aluminum tubing attached to the rear trailing arms picking air from under the car.

Thanks

Eddie
Tom
I dropped by for a short while in my 76 Magala red car, parked outside the booth area. Stayed for several groups. Looked like lots of fun was being had. There was a 510 that seemed to be doing pretty well for such an older car. Who knows , maybe next year I'll get off my backside and give this a try.
Tom
Eddie914
Tom,

I saw your car but didn't have a chance to walk over and check it out before you were gone.

Your should have come by and aked for a ride.

The Datsun 510 was doing very well. It brings back memories of the first racing I ever experienced in person - an AutoX in Moscow Idaho on the campus of the University of Idaho. The only cars I distinctly remember were the fully race prepped Datsun 510 and a Austin Healey "Bugeyed" Sprite. The 510 was trailered to the event as was cleaning up on everything there ... except the Sprite. The little Healey was a low budget affair driven by a couple of college students running on Michelin RETREADS.

I eventually owned a couple of Sprites that I restored, but never owned a 510.

Regards,

Eddie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.