Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: group buy getty gt rocker panels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
The Getty Design rockers are the best we have found to fit the gt flares but they are expensive. I think that if we all got together and came up with a 5000 purchase we could get a 10% discount (if even worth it!) I could convince them to drop ship the each ones order. We could group buy for about 190 a set? They also have the gt front bumpers for about the same price
There is not much markup between their wholesale and retail, so that is why I think that they would ship directly to the retail market. Any thoughts? Any one know anyone there for a better price?
Richard Casto
George,

Thanks for trying to make this happen. beerchug.gif

According to their catalog they sell this for $230 a set. If we can do a group buy for $190 a set, I am in. I have my flairs from the earlier group buy ready to go and would prefer to not start with the installation until I have the GT rockers in hand.

If/when this happens, just let me know what I need to do to get on the list (if this post isn't enough) as well as how to handle payment.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Oct 23 2007, 12:33 PM) *

George,

Thanks for trying to make this happen. beerchug.gif

According to their catalog they sell this for $230 a set. If we can do a group buy for $190 a set, I am in. I have my flairs from the earlier group buy ready to go and would prefer to not start with the installation until I have the GT rockers in hand.

If/when this happens, just let me know what I need to do to get on the list (if this post isn't enough) as well as how to handle payment.

We had for years sold the "shitcom" rockers as that was all that was available and they were cheap- about 110 a set-but they fit like crap and looked like crap because the curve was not right. The getty price is high but I guess we have to pay for quality. Really no room left for a reseller and that is why I propose the group buy. (we have to sell them in our catalog for 275!!!!!!!) I know the getty parts are a good match for our flares and want everyone to get the best deal on the rockers.
i love porsche
would the bumpers be linked with this group buy? i have good rockers already, but im in the market for some FG bumpers
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Oct 23 2007, 02:01 PM) *

would the bumpers be linked with this group buy? i have good rockers already, but im in the market for some FG bumpers

Yeah, they just want a five grand order to budge on anything. I thought that I would order a gt bumper for the so called last six from them as well.
Todd Enlund
I'm interested, but it will be a while before I can commit. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see how progress goes. I'm in on the latest GT Flare buy, and I'm about to lose my job, so funds are tight.

I'm guessing it will be a while before you hit $5K (that's ~26 rockers/bumpers), so by that time I should be ready.

roadster fan
George,

I am in for GT rockers, and probably for bumpers depending on price. I will follow this thread to stay posted.

Jim
Wilhelm
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 23 2007, 10:39 AM) *

The Getty Design rockers are the best we have found to fit the gt flares but they are expensive. I think that if we all got together and came up with a 5000 purchase we could get a 10% discount (if even worth it!) I could convince them to drop ship the each ones order. We could group buy for about 190 a set? They also have the gt front bumpers for about the same price
There is not much markup between their wholesale and retail, so that is why I think that they would ship directly to the retail market. Any thoughts? Any one know anyone there for a better price?

I'm in.

I'd also be in for a group buy for bumpers and a getty design dash as well.

jk76.914
I'm in as well. I bought a set of the earlier shitcom rockers, but wouldn't put then on the car.

CAN ANYONE POST PICTURES OF THE GETTY ONES ON THE CAR??? A closeup at one end would be nice.

Jim
TeenerTim
QUOTE(jk76.914 @ Oct 24 2007, 07:21 AM) *
CAN ANYONE POST PICTURES OF THE GETTY ONES ON THE CAR???

IPB Image
jk76.914
QUOTE(TeenerTim @ Oct 24 2007, 03:14 PM) *

QUOTE(jk76.914 @ Oct 24 2007, 07:21 AM) *
CAN ANYONE POST PICTURES OF THE GETTY ONES ON THE CAR???

IPB Image

THANKS! They look much better than the ones I gave away. Count me in.

Jim
i love porsche
how about the bumpers..how do they look on the car?
scotty b
I'm selling my flares. To many people doing it now. It sux to be a trend setter. Flat bodies are in baby smilie_pokal.gif

popcorn[1].gif
Richard Casto
Bump for a good cause. smile.gif I want this group buy to happen.
woobn8r
I was "in" on the second GT flare buy....and I just did the Getty carbon fiber hood/trunk deal....I need some time for my bank account to recover....I'd be in around Christmas.....or after the divorce
dgw
I would be in for a set of GT rockers.
DEC
Hi George,
Please can you tell me the shipping costs to Germany
ManaMan
Let me know, I'd like the rockers and bumpers.
Bryho
I am in for rockers and bumpersl.
Please keep me posted.
So.Cal.914
Count me in to George.
Bryho
bump, any movement?
LarryR
How about trying to cut a deal with them on a group buy where you can order anything you want and get the 10% off. Could be a lot easier to get to the 5K if a couple people got front and rear lids.

Just a suggestion. I have to many irons in the fire right now so I would not be in.
euro911
idea.gif I guess I'll eventually need some rockers (unless I end up modifying the existing ones I've got here now) confused24.gif

Larry ... are you still in on the flare buy? unsure.gif ... we're getting down to the wire shades.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.