Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sudden Cruz Control?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Ciampa
OK, so a little while ago I noticed that my "stiff" gas pedal was starting to stick a little bit. "That's OK," I thought, "I was planning on rebuilding my pedal cluster anyways." So I start planning the project and start driving w/out shoes so I can pull the pedal up if need be. Well over the weekend, I am driving on the 210 and all of a sudden I notice I am still accelerating and the pedal is either already up or won't return. So I shut off the car coast to a stop and get a tow home.

Turns out it is not the pedal cluster - which I suspected by now - but rather my accelerator cable (somehow) has become stuck in its sheath. This is not to bad, but as I am working in the engine bay my mounting bracket for the accelerator cable breaks off and takes the lip of the case off.

Two questions, (1) is this something I can (and should) reattach? (2) What are some other set-ups people have to mount a bracket for the throttle cable?

And the pictures

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Jax914
Here is a shot of my setup - yeah this was before the cable was finally fastened into the bracket and the barrel nut installed - but it's installed just like it looks.

IPB Image

From what you're holding in your hand, it looks like you have quite a long tube coming off the bracket/shround point - a definite stressor.

As far as the cable in the tube, I experienced this a couple of weeks ago - and found that the steel tube had rusted and trapped the cable. I went through the process of cutting into the tunnel and fishing a new tube.

FYI - the tube is welded about four inches in front of the shifter opening, about two inches behind it and at the firewall - just so you know where to cut....smile.gif

A 3/8 brake / fuel line from your local supply shop will work nicely, I think I started with a 4 foot tube - cut off one end and remove the fittings.

Happy Welding.... welder.gif
Eric_Ciampa
Thanks for the picture. I was considering just mounting the bracket to the Firewall similar to yours. Nice to see someone else doing it.
Jax914
bracket to the firewall? nope....the cable comes out of the lower firewall, between the rubber seal and tin and to the red bracket mounted on top of the case and then to the linkage crossbar.
Eric_Ciampa
Now I see it. Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.