Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wow 10" snow this morning!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
JRust
It's pretty rare we actually get snow here! Flipping amazing! Its still snowing out there too! I love it
Brad Roberts
Its raining big time here. Has been for 12-14 hours straight.

SHOW US THE SNOW... shoot a pic.. run outside.

B
boxstr
Local TV showing the Siskyou pass, Oregon and Calif border is closed in both directions. People stranded in there cars.Trucks backed up for miles. Looks like fun to me, yes I am sitting here watching it on TV laugh.gif
CCLINWEATHERWATCH
Eric Taylor
Yeah it's all closed up. My family and I are in Sacramento, and trying to get home today blink.gif . Looks like redding is as far as were gona get. Hows the snow in lake O?
Eric
boxstr
Slush, supposed to be sunny this afternoon, then freeze @ 10pm tonight. I think you are best off in Redding.
CCLINALASKAAIRLINES
Eric Taylor
QUOTE(boxstr @ Dec 29 2003, 11:55 AM)
CCLINALASKAAIRLINES

LOL. I wish. Yeah redding is as far as were gona get. Hopefully get home tomorrow to work on the teener. rolleyes.gif
Eric
zehrschnell914
KPAM said that OSP is using snowmobiles to get food and water to the stranded motorists on Mt. Ashland. It was fun driving to work in the snow this morning.

Mike
morph
We've been without power most of the morning, so our entertainment has been watching people get stuck on the road below our house. Several trucks have gotten stuck, even a tow truck. We have had several trees fall over. The roads haven't been plowed yet. Here is a pic of the snow.
Brad Roberts
DAMN.

I'll take the rain.

B
morph
Here is a pic of our truck in the snow
scotty
6" here on the hill... we have power, but this stuff is heavy! Trees/branches falling all over. BUT I get to play with the new chainsaw this way wink.gif

...and it'll freeze solid tonight (gonna have to put the studded snows on if it does sad.gif )
GWN7
we had about 8" South of here but it's not as bad as out West. A couple were killed on Vancouver Is. when a redwood tree fell on their car while they were waiting for the highway to be cleared. sad.gif
Eric_Shea
Brad... Morphs got the next cover shot there.

10"... weak lol3.gif 30" here with 10" more (at least) on the way. Brad's rain is white by the time it makes it here...

Strat... tell them what snow is.

lol3.gif
morph
BTW- the first car pictured above is a parts car we want to get rid of, anyone want it????? Normal rust, body good, 71'
Eric_Shea
Morph... if you pushed really hard you could probably get that thing sliding. I'd say it makes it at least to the yellow (fast) truck at the bottom of the hill.

Project for Brad's "Monster Garage" 914 toboggan smash.gif
Eric_Shea
Eric,

Stop off in Amity and go tobogganing!! mueba.gif
fuch toy
Yeah when it hits us it should be a monster. Temps right now down in the low 40s, freezing temps last night and again tonight. We should get snow in our foothills above town.
morph
LOL laugh.gif
StratPlayer
I imagine thats all heading this way,, little more to dump on top off whats already here.
Eric_Shea
I shoveled my Hot Tub cover... I was afraid it would snap. Plus it makes getting in much easier!
Ratt
I hate snow!!! Its fricken cold. We were luck to only get abotu 2" out here, but the fricken fiberglass fenderon my Baja Broke mad.gif And my fricken wipers keep popping the fuse, so I cant drive!

BTW- the first car pictured above is a parts car we want to get rid of, anyone want it????? Normal rust, body good, 71'

What all is left? if theres anything useful, I might want it.
Andy
Eric_Shea
I hate snow!!!

You need one of these in your back yard... makes everything alright. smile.gif
Korijo
Phew !! We JUST missed that shit. Got home last nite. We left right when the rain started freezing...

Who wants to be stuck at their MIL's house laugh.gif
Ray Warren
no.
this is what you need in your back yard.
East coaster
Eric, The only bad thing about having one of those in your backyard is that they don't permit snowboards!!

I'm going to be staying in Sandy for 7 days at the end of January for some fun at Brighton. I noticed there's a couple of teeners in the SLC area, maybe I can hook up and check out some of your cars. I've been watching the snow fall out there for the last month or so and it's gonna be a good season!
scotty
You need one of these in your back yard...

we do... and they allow boards wink.gif

...but you have to watch out for writiers wintering over IPB Image
Ratt
Yeah we got meadows, timber line and Ski Bowl. I have yet to go up this year. I might drag the bug out this week and make a trip to meadows, That might help change my mind laugh.gif
Andy
Bleyseng
My son Blair, took off at 4AM this morning to drive to Phoenix. Got a call from him at 1:00PM on how to re-route to get around I-5 being closed. Now he is going down 101 thru Novato so maybe he'll drop by Brad....be nice to him..please.

Geoff
rhodyguy
geoff blair will be in for some horrid traffic. the redwood highway from grants pass to cresent city will be bad enough. cresent city down the coast will be a night mare.

kevin
Bleyseng
Yep, thats why I told him to crash in Brads driveway....maybe Brad will feel sorry and let him sleep on the floor..
Blair, told me he saw 2 semis jack knife right in front of him. He said " Hey, it was just like autocrossing Dad, just semis instead of cones!"
He is trying to make it too a New Years party with a hot chick in Phoenix

Geoff
Gint
Aaahhh... to be young and in LUST! blink.gif
JRust
Well we still got most the snow here. Roads are fairly clear but will be slicker than crap tonight! I was without power from 2am till 6pm. Luckily I was at work. Forgot to get wood for the stove we never use though headbang.gif . My wife was a little pissed the house was so cold! I love the snow ! I wish for a solid week of snow but it never happens. It was a joy seeing all the people who shouldn't ever drive in this in the ditches. I guess I'm a little demented to take joy in their sorrow wink.gif I pulled 3 cars outta ditches today with my truck. One guy was a real asshole about it too! That was the last pewrson I decided to help today. Like it was my fault the dumbass was going to fast & slammed on his brakes. I'll probably see him in the same ditch tommorow. I will then stop get out & laugh my ass off at him laugh.gif
scotty
Aaahhh... to be young and in LUST!

Middle-aged and in lust ain't so bad... laugh.gif
morph
Just got back from Portland and the roads were so Icy. At the top of the hill outside of Newberg there was a large truck rolled over and a small car under it, I had to call 911, no emergency people there yet, and countless other cars in the ditch. Almost seen another truck wreck when he slid across 4 lanes of traffic. This is the worst I have seen it here. We had to drive home going 30 mph, It took us f-ing forever and we kept sliding around in the truck. For those of you living in the area you might want to stay in tonight.
Qarl
It was 72 degrees today, here in Orlando!

laugh.gif
seanery
This is my friend's deck in Park City.
You can see the top of a 48" tall chiminea on the left and the very tops of the hand rails. She said she shoveled it the first day, but gave up after the 2nd time.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Sean; WTF is that near Indy.?????????? Dave smilie_flagge6.gif
Brad Roberts
His "friend"..female... lives in Park City Utah.

I dont miss the ice and snow.

B
VegasRacer
WTF This is what it looks like in Vegas right now.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Dec 30 2003, 03:55 AM)
WTF This is what it looks like in Vegas right now.

No shit!!! WOW ohmy.gif
GWN7
That must be a record for Vegas....

My front yard this am......yesterday it was raining, so there is a nice layer of ice under this............the big stuff missed us
Eric_Shea
What's a "Board"? lol3.gif

We have three others within 1 to 15 minutes that allow kids... this one's right next door to Alta. This one and this one are just down the road.

East Coaster... let's do a day on the slopes. Strat, you in? I don't know if "Stitch" don's the slab(s) but he could join us in the lodge. You should start a Salt Lake thread. See if anyone else wants to hit the slopes around the same time. We could do an annual "Teener Ski Fest" to help pass the winter time. I'll host a Brazilian Dinner (beans, rice, lots-o-meat, caipirinhas... wait, do I have enough pinga for these slobs? Oh well... we can use vodka!)

Miles could come and sit in "the seats". Same restrictions apply: new pants, shower (with soap) etc.
ArtechnikA
light drizzle, breezy, 50F in Philadelphia.
i'll cope.
Gint
Aaahhh... to be young and in LUST!

Middle-aged and in lust ain't so bad...

The difference is, I used to drive across country for women, now I do it for 914s.

All that snow in Utah and we can't get squat over the next big hill east. Mid 40s to 50s through the weekend. Nice for working on the car though.
Bleyseng
What Eric, you don't drink Mojito's?

Geoff
Eric_Shea
What Eric, you don't drink Mojito's?

Nada Amigo. Latest yupster craze after they saw Bond drinking one while getting a "springboard" watching Halle Berry take her plundge...
ppickerell
Scene from Christmas Tahoe trip.
Eric Taylor
Well we just got home from going through that mess on I5. We ended up staying at a really dumpy hotel in redding, and got gouged because it was the last room avaiable in the whole town. Plenty of people would have taken it from us and tons of people didn't get a room. There was a crap load of snow in redding and it was really strange seeing palm trees covered in snow. I5 was cleard off by about 4 this morning, so we drove through with mostly no problems. There were a few place's were a lane was closed, but pretty clear.
Eric
morph
MORE SNOW!!! The snow from the last snow storm didn't even melt before it snowed again. We have a fresh 3-4" and it is still snowing.
Joe Bob
Storm missed us completely.....took a left at Point Conception. WE have had a dry week. I actually have to go water the lawns....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.