Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dog tooth puller...got one?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sean_v8_914
Hi ya'll . I'm doing another transaxle, this one will have all new parts in it. it will even have a new 1st gear slider. have you ever seen a NEW first gear slider with virgin dog teeth? well, this is my first too. It's so perdy I might have to post some pics.

i do need to borrow a dog tooth puller. I hope someone here reads this that has one I could use for a few days and return it fed ex or something like that.
Mugs914
I just use pliers myself. Of course you need a friend to hold the dog and someone usually gets bit... biggrin.gif

I know, don't quit the day job...

I think I might have what you need at the shop, if not I know someone who does. I'll try to get a hold of him today. If you guys are still planning on coming up on Saturday we could do it here at the shop.

BTW- You wouldn't have any drive axles or decent CV assemblies would you? That was what broke at Streets, the trans is fine! cool.gif

Check your PMs
tdgray
Throw a piece of meat in the air and then do a Bruce Lee round house kick precisley hitting the tooth in questions and it should pop right out biggrin.gif

Ask me how I know... w00t.gif screwy.gif
sean_v8_914
Woof!
sean_v8_914
puller?...please!
tdgray
Did you try your local FLAPS... they usually have tools to rent. Should be able to come up with something.

TROJANMAN
Ever since I started using the choke chain, the dog stopped pulling me. Now he just gasps for breath.
sean_v8_914
PLACE THE CHOKE CHOKE CHAIN JUST UNDER THE EARS, high on the neck. when placed on this most tender spot of the neck, he will learn more quickly and gasping, pulling and such will all go away.
hedgehog
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Oct 24 2007, 09:48 AM) *

Hi ya'll . I'm doing another transaxle, this one will have all new parts in it. it will even have a new 1st gear slider. have you ever seen a NEW first gear slider with virgin dog teeth? well, this is my first too. It's so perdy I might have to post some pics.

i do need to borrow a dog tooth puller. I hope someone here reads this that has one I could use for a few days and return it fed ex or something like that.

if I remember right, I used a bearing separater that I got at harbor freight for about 10 bucks or less...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.