Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: headlights question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
joeav8tor
Hi guys,
I removed my headlights and have reinstalled them...the switch that makes them pop up does not work...however when I rotate the knob on the back of the headlight motors...they start moving up, then reach a certain point, pop all the way up then back down again.
WTF.gif
help please.
JOE
SGB
Thats normal, and tells you that the problem is at the switch, not the motors. I think you got a wire wrong on it somewhere....
joeav8tor
thanks, I guess I will check the wiring.
Joe
ejm
The headlight motor wiring is on current tracks 24-28 in this diagram. That's fuse S12 that powers up relays J36/37. I would check that first.
joeav8tor
could it be the fuse if the knob on the back of the motors when turned to a point will cause the motors to open then shut the headlights?
Joe
angerosa
QUOTE(joeav8tor @ Oct 24 2007, 05:37 PM) *

Hi guys,
I removed my headlights and have reinstalled them...the switch that makes them pop up does not work...however when I rotate the knob on the back of the headlight motors...they start moving up, then reach a certain point, pop all the way up then back down again.
WTF.gif
help please.
JOE

Define "removed and reinstalled", just the lenses, the whole motor and everything? You put the motor releys back on right?
joeav8tor
removed everything...the motors, the whole light assembly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.