Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel Spacers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billd
I am about to mount 9" cantilever slicks on 15x7 cookie cutters for my 914-6 conversion. Does anyone have any advice on wheel spacers? How much do you expect I will need front and back. Any good (inexpensive) sources for spacers?

Thanks,

----Bill
DanT
going to be having the "white wonder" out at Marina in a couple of weeks? confused24.gif biggrin.gif
billd
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Oct 24 2007, 10:09 PM) *

going to be having the "white wonder" out at Marina in a couple of weeks? confused24.gif biggrin.gif

That's the plan. It depends a bit on getting a few "must-do" items like wheel spacers sorted out. What complicates things is travel. I'm on the East coast all this week and in LA most of next week.
Krieger
I don't know if this is helpful, but David Coleman has been running that set up for years if anyone knows of him. I've seen him at autocrosses in the past.
DanT
QUOTE(Krieger914 @ Oct 24 2007, 09:19 PM) *

I don't know if this is helpful, but David Coleman has been running that set up for years if anyone knows of him. I've seen him at autocrosses in the past.

Is he still around? Haven't seen or heard much about him or Judy since the late '90s. Since he left Excellence. confused24.gif
Back then they had a fairly stock white 914-6.
neo914-6
QUOTE(billd @ Oct 24 2007, 10:05 PM) *

I am about to mount 9" cantilever slicks on 15x7 cookie cutters for my 914-6 conversion. Does anyone have any advice on wheel spacers? How much do you expect I will need front and back. Any good (inexpensive) sources for spacers?

Thanks,

----Bill

Bill Pickering ran 1.7" and 1.1" H&R spacers with the same wheels and tires on his track car before I bought it. These had bolts, not long studs.
SirAndy
QUOTE(billd @ Oct 24 2007, 09:05 PM) *

i have the exact same setup. standard GT flares. real 5-lug front/rear. 100mm wheel studs.

i run 1" in the rear and 1 1/4" in the front ...
bye1.gif Andy
Krieger
I last saw him and Judy about a year ago at an autox with a tricked out new mini. He was doing a write up for another magazine. The mini did poorly at the track and David can drive. He and Judy have brought that same 6 out that they bought brand new.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.