Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Antenna Hole
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
princyfrog
Hi, Just wanted to know why some 914 have their antenna hole in left and some are on the right? I've looked at most 914 and their antenna are on the left. Is there a special reason why some 914 out there and mine are on the right? Anyone who know the answer to this question please help me. I have 1970 914-6 chassis #502 if that help.

Thanks,
Dary

IPB Image
Hammy
QUOTE(princyfrog @ Oct 25 2007, 12:53 AM) *

Hi, Just wanted to know why some 914 have their antenna hole in left and some are on the right? I've looked at most 914 and their antenna are on the left. Is there a special reason why some 914 out there and mine are on the right? Anyone who know the answer to this question please help me. I have 1970 914-6 chassis #502 if that help.

Thanks,
Dary

IPB Image

Nice looking car.
Radios and antennas were all dealer added options. None came from the factory with them. So it just depends on the dealer and how the planets were aligned that day.
jimtab
Yup, some dress to the right and some to the left...just like uptown....
914Sixer
Cars with factory radios came with the antenna on the left. Most dealers got the cars with the radio prep package and then installed the high priced (low quality) radio.
Spoke
QUOTE(princyfrog @ Oct 25 2007, 12:53 AM) *

Nice looking car.

There's a car in the picture? Sorry, got distracted by the beauty.
TeenerTim
I was just going to post a similar question about my antenna location. Anyone seen this before?
Click to view attachment
VaccaRabite
That is custom. Never seen factory like that. A PO with a drill can mount one just about anywhere.

Zach
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 25 2007, 06:24 AM) *

Cars with factory radios came with the antenna on the left. Most dealers got the cars with the radio prep package and then installed the high priced (low quality) radio.

What factory radio? Granted, I haven't seen every 914, but I've never seen one with a factory installed radio. In fact, most (if not all) of the 914s we sold at the dealership where I worked were basically "strippers", and came without any options. They'd even take the alloy spares and make up sets for the cars with steel wheels.
The Cap'n
davep
The Cap'n is correct that most dealers did their own installs, so there was seldom two cars with the hole in the same place. Their were factory optional radios, so I imagine that Mark is correct about the factory install on the left. That is a natural because the driver could pop the antenna quickly on the drivers side. Antennas installed other places than in the front fenders are rare, and certainly a little odd.
jd74914
The antenna on Dary's /6 seems a little far forward on the fender compared to other 914s I have seen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.