Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: condensation in my camera lens....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
L8Apex
I got some condensation in my canera lense. I need help getting rid of it! I used a cleaner stuff to clean the lense, and it probably seeped into the lense somehow. How should I get rid of the condensation WITHOUT hurting it? hehe. I was gonna use a blow dryer, but maybe there's another way.
maf914
My guess is that the blow drier will be a temporary fix. It will warm the lens and convert the moisture to vapor...until the lens cools.

This happened last time I had my watch battery replaced. The sealing o-ring was not properly replaced, letting in moisture which then condensed on the lens.

I have a similar problem with a VDO gauge in another car, condensation when cool.

I think the only solution is to disassemble, dry, and reassemble making sure the sealing rings are in place.

Mike
Demick
Just let it sit in a warm dry place (not that warm - just indoors) for a day or so. It should take care of itself.

Demick
Bruce Allert
Call a reputable camera repair outfit and ask them. Depending on the lens it may or may not be repairable. I thought of both scenarios also (dryer & dis-assembly) however the call might save you time & money.

.....b
Eric_Shea
MAP torch lol3.gif
tracks914
Open any access doors, lens cover and battery door and put in a warm place for a day or 2.
Somewhere like Cancun would do just fine.
Open a cold beer and after about 12 of them the condensation will go away for a few hours. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.