Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "IF" I were to sell Blondie....who is interested?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fuch toy
I have the black leather upholstery done includes seats and door panels, the parts are being pulled off for paint as we speak. Original yellow with original color repaint....about a 5K paint job BTW.....

Engine is a bad boy carbed 2.7 with a newer rebuild, it sat for awhile whilst being shuffled around to different wrenches...rebuilt trans with no "Mikey" launches... laugh.gif , new clutch, new carpet, nice stereo, center console with working new gauges, Carrera front end, Carrera rear end, brakes and calipers, 911 axles, chassis stiffening kit, bulkhead mount, workinh heat with 914/6 heat exchangers, new Bursch muffler. The 74 Tub looks like it has 45,000 original miles, 205/50/16s with polished Fuchs......tons of receipts.....new rubber throughout. New bumper tops, decent chrome bumpers......

IF someone is REALLY interested I can do some custom stuff and deliver it finished.....by the end of Jamuary in time for Dunkel's.

Offered here first.....if no takers, evilbay. My bedroom bath addition bids have come in at 18K more than I anticipated..... blink.gif

The only thing that it needs is a custom cable setup to get the Carrera ebrake to work. I never used it on the Rocket, but some people like ebrakes. The bumpers could be redone as well. I have a source that do a rechrome within the time period stated.

Absolutely no oil leaks, Very impressive motor and drive train. The PO spent TONS of $$ to have it done right. He just ran out of money...... mueba.gif
Gint
IPB Image
swood
I couldn't afford it I'm sure, but I'd still be interested. I know my wife would be definetly not interested.

How much anyways?
boxsterfan
Would like to see pics. Then I would spend the next 6 days trying to convince the wife... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Joe Bob
And pics of a stripped 914 would be helpful how?
ArtechnikA
we talked offline a bit... i think my 'possible' engine budget is going into suspension upgrades this winter, and some leftover moving issues (that if i pay in 2003 i can deduct for 2003...).

i'll make the 911 solid and stable and we'll go thrash the 2,2 in AX and DE events while Joy learns how to handle a tail-wagger. by that time, what is looking like the beginnings of valve guide looseness should have developed to where we can think about engine things next winter. 2,8 for the 911, rebuild the 2,2 for the 914.6 -- that's one plan anyway.

short version - i don't need another car, and it looks like now's not a good time to buy an engine either. best of luck finding a good home tho...
Joe Bob
beerchug.gif This is what it looked like before paint.....
Joe Bob
Based on what I will have in it and legitimate recent conversion prices.....I will be looking at around 14K.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.