Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rebuilt Fuel Pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
minndodger
Does anyone have any experience using a rebuilt fuel pump? What is the difference in life expectancy between that and a new one? The rebuilt ones are less than a third the cost is why I am asking.

Thanks for the advice.

Stephen
toon1
Is it a 3 port pump? I have not heard good things about the rebuilt three ports.

You could replace a three port with a 2. 2 port pumps are cheaper.
minndodger
Yes, it is a three port I believe. It is the original. I will check to see if I can locate a 2.2 port version. I do not know much about cars so I am kind of stumbling along this process. Thanks for the advice.

Stephen
toon1
You can use an 2 port pump on a system that has a three port.

2 port pump are about $175. you should relocate the pump to the front trunk and replace the plastic fuel lines in the tunnel with metal lines.

Just about any EFI fuel pump will work.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(minndodger @ Oct 25 2007, 03:30 PM) *

Yes, it is a three port I believe. It is the original. I will check to see if I can locate a 2.2 port version. I do not know much about cars so I am kind of stumbling along this process. Thanks for the advice.

Stephen

I have a new-in-the-box 3 port pump I would like to see go away. $420, delivered outside California. California buyers have to pay sales tax.
toon1
You can use an 2 port pump on a system that has a three port.

2 port pump are about $175. you should relocate the pump to the front trunk and replace the plastic fuel lines in the tunnel with metal lines.

Just about any EFI fuel pump will work.
minndodger
What is the difference between a two port and three port system?

Cap'n Krusty
The return line has no "Y" in the 2 line system. It goes directly from the FP regulator to the tank, skipping the pump. The Cap'n
minndodger
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Oct 26 2007, 11:51 AM) *

The return line has no "Y" in the 2 line system. It goes directly from the FP regulator to the tank, skipping the pump. The Cap'n

I would like to purchase the 3 port one from you. Please let me know how to proceed with the order.

Thanks,

sean_v8_914
rebuilt is fine
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.