Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 96mm MAHLE piston markings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
96mm MAHLE piston markings. do they have identifing marks? i'm looking to i.d. some that have no i.d.'ing marks. what other 96mm "dished" are out there?
beerchug.gif
mike
Cap'n Krusty
I'm not sure I've ever seen a 96mm Mahle piston, but if they are, indeed, Mahles, there'll be a mark on the flywheel side, probably an arrow, but maybe a little flywheel/crankshaft drawing. The Cap'n
orange914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Oct 25 2007, 07:07 PM) *

I'm not sure I've ever seen a 96mm Mahle piston, but if they are, indeed, Mahles, there'll be a mark on the flywheel side, probably an arrow, but maybe a little flywheel/crankshaft drawing. The Cap'n

thanks, i was thinking 96mm (non o.e.m. size) pistons didnt sound too feesable in mahle.

mike
DanT
If they are the KB aluminum pistons....there is no marking for front or back.
Twystd1
Mahle definetly DOES make 96s. (Or they did)

And they are marked on the underside of the piston with MAHLE Name.

KBs will probably be coated with a grey coating on the skirts. The ones I am looking at NOW for a SBC have arrows and say "KB Silvolite"on the underside

Got pics...?????????????

Clayton
Twystd1
You might have AAs or older NPRs.
orange914
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Oct 25 2007, 07:51 PM) *

Mahle definetly DOES make 96s. (Or they did)

And they are marked on the underside of the piston with MAHLE Name.

KBs will probably be coated with a grey coating on the skirts. The ones I am looking at NOW for a SBC have arrows and say "KB Silvolite"on the underside

Got pics...?????????????

Clayton

thanks i'm presently trying to get pictures
mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.