Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Source for injector(s) locally?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hammy
I have a leaky 1.7 injector that I need to replace... Other 3 seem to be working fine. I'm on a tight budget (college) but I need to find one/some ASAP. Where can I find an injector/injectors locally (central/Sac valley or east bay) for cheap ? - I called EASY in Emeryville and was told they'll sell me "used" ones (but untested) for 10 bucks a pop. Is that my only option?
ws91420
I have gotten injectors from a FLAPS had to order though
Twystd1
Hammy,

I wish I could find my old list for this...

But if'n you do your homework via the net. There are several Bosch VOLVO injectors that have a different part number that are exact clones to yur injectors. And they are easy to find at a pick a part.

A couple years back I Googled the 914 part number and found that there are a bunch of cars that also use the 914 injectors. Maybe I found it in the Hollander manuals....

Clayton
Cap'n Krusty
Volvo injectors are closer to Mercedes injectors than they are to 1.7s. They're designed for an 1800 cc water cooled engine. The black or yellow VW T3 injectors are the same as 1.7 914s. IME, the Volvo ones flow too much. Might work in a pinch, but I wouldn't do it. The Cap'n
JC 914
As a side note, are there injectors from other makes compatible to the 2.0 injectors?
toon1
call John at european auto salvage yard in Emeryville.

Go to easypor.com.

He might have goo used inj.

If you find the flow rate of the volvo Inj., you might be able to adjust your fuel pressure to compensate for the higher flow.

The flow rate of a yellow top, 1.7 is about 265cc/min or 21lbs./hr.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(toon1 @ Oct 26 2007, 08:16 AM) *

call John at european auto salvage yard in Emeryville.

Go to easypor.com.

He might have goo used inj.

If you find the flow rate of the volvo Inj., you might be able to adjust your fuel pressure to compensate for the higher flow.

The flow rate of a yellow top, 1.7 is about 265cc/min or 21lbs./hr.

He said, in the original request, that he'd called EASY ...............

The Cap'n
toon1
Oh , missed that, sorry! I have 1.7 inj's that you can have, they worked with my 1.7.
Thack
Pelican Parts has rebuilt ones for $52.00
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.