Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pedrini vs Fuchs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Challe
I can't decide if I should buy some Fuchs 2l to replace my Pedrinis on my 914 from -73. There is few 914s left in sweden so I have never seen the (4 bolt) fuchs IRL but I really like the looks of them in pictures. Anyone here who has seen both Pedrini and Fuchs on a 914 and can guide me? Does the fuchs look good IRL?
My only chance to se the 2l Fuchs is to actually by them in Germany ($$$$$$) and I kind of like the Pedrinis but want something extra, so what do you think, is it worth the extra cash to uppgrade to Fuchs? The picture shows the current status of the car with the Pedrinis, I will soon put on the sail trim as I think that 914 with lighter colours looks best with black on the targa. And yes, I know, the black mirrors looks like s**t, they will be replaced soon....

IPB Image
Joe Ricard
Personally I like Pedrini's Specially with all the raised edges polished.
rhodyguy
i like predrinis too. you might consider spending the fuch $$$$ on other things, like renewing your suspension, if you haven't done so. you can always wait for a good deal and purchase different wheels in the future.
woobn8r
IMHO, if you're staying 4 bolt....I like the Fuchs....okay, if you're going 5 bolt....I like the Fuchs also.....I say go for the Fuchs....
(pedrinis look ...commercial)
blitZ
It's all a matter of taste. I like your black mirrors and think it looks better without the sails, but that's me. If you like Fuchs go for it, they are the lightest of the four lug wheels available.
TeenerTim
I like the Pedrinis myself. I had them on my last 914 and they looked great. I took them to RennSport in Roswell GA and they fixed all of the scratches, cleaned them up, and shot them with a nice silver gloss and clear coat top. With new lugs and caps they really stood out.
JRust
I really like both wheels. I don't think I would replace either one wih the other. You have a nice set of pedrini's & I would stick with them. If you came accross a great deal on a set of Fuchs maybe get them. You can really dress the Pedrini's up nice though. Some fresh pain & polish really make them stand out. Good luck whatever you decide
Challe
i like predrinis too. you might consider spending the fuch $$$$ on other things, like renewing your suspension, if you haven't done so. you can always wait for a good deal and purchase different wheels in the future.

well... you'r right, the car need some work on the suspension... the right springs sags and need replacement... and it would be nice with some adjustable konis, and I relly want a front swaybar... so the wheels shouldn't be in the priority right now...

It's all a matter of taste. I like your black mirrors and think it looks better without the sails, but that's me.

The problem with the mirrors is that they comes from a Renault from the 80ies, really, really bad plastic quality, regarding the sails... I just can't decide...

Personally I like Pedrini's Specially with all the raised edges polished.

I did a google search on this, I didn't know about this, looks really great! Wow, now it's even harder to decide

IPB Image

Thank you all very much all of you for your input!

davep
I think all the cast rims were painted which makes the following easier. The beauty of a white (okay, light ivory) car is that it lends itself to color accents very well. The 914 example is the limited edition. The 911 Carrera's were even nicer with blue, green & red. Take a look at a 914 creamsicle, and decide what accent color would look best. Sail vinyl would also be a good option.
PeeGreen 914
You can even paint them and do that. I have seen a few pairs that were painted with the lips and raised parts polished. They looked very nice.
purple
just to throw a wrench in the works... Mahle.

That is all
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.