Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got rear-ended...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
familienauto
A Toyota Corolla bashed in to me while I was stopped at a crosswalk yesterday. He wasn't going too fast. The rear bumper, bumper pad, the black metal under the bumper, and the license plate got banged up but there's no other body damage I've discovered yet.

No injuries, thank goodness, and a good excuse to get the bumpers redone! What a tough little car!

Zach
McMark
sad.gif bummer...
bmtrnavsky
That sucks... I would still take it in to a body shop and have it looked at. unibody cars do not do well when hit.

Glad to hear you are ok.
bdstone914
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Katmanken
Prolly more damage than that, the metal is thin and the bumpers are mostly for show....

Look at the panel above the bumper, it tends to bend in or bend over above the floor weld line. Check the match with the trunk lid to see if the curve matches the trunk lid edge.

Look at the section of the trunk floor in front of the bumper to see if it is still flat..

Look at the trunk to fender gaps to see if they are still uniform and didn't spread.

Does the muffler heat shield (under the trunk floor) NOT hit the muffler?

Ken
familienauto
Entire back of car.
familienauto
Looking both ways across the metal.
familienauto
Trunk floor, in all of its rusty glory.
familienauto
Damage to the bumper. Chrome has a large but shallow dimple left of the license plate, hard to see.

And the bumper pad.
familienauto
Small dent in the valence (at least I think that's what it's called). Luckily there was no damage to the exhaust tips.
familienauto
Ends of the bumper.
familienauto
Backside of the bumper.
familienauto
Well, I don't see anything that looks all that awful. It will go to a bodyshop, of course, and hopefully they won't uncover anything too nasty.

Zach
McMark
I don't see anything damaged, at first glance.
jimtab
Geez, mine's never been hit and I only wish it looked that good.
VaccaRabite
Seriously - are you sure it was even hit? :^)

Also Zach
cassidy_bolger
nice plates, too!

shades.gif
familienauto
Thanks for the support guys smile.gif

I was sure right after I got hit that it was going to be smashed all to heck. Needless to say I am pleasantly surprised by the "damage".

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.