Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thermostat Cable Adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yeahmag
Is there any particular way to install the thermostat cable? Watching Jake's video they didn't obviously make it tight. When I set mine up I used vice grips to keep it taught while I tightened the the nut on the flaps.

Opinions?

Additionally, is the bottom plate that covers the thermostat (attaches to the HE) necessary? I'm missing the one opposite the t-stat and was thinking of leaving them both off as you wouldn't use them with a header anyway.

Thanks.

-Aaron
Dave_Darling
I leave it unhooked, then go for a nice drive. Once the engine is good and warm, the thermostat should be all the way open. Then I pull the cable (mostly) taut with a pair of pliers and tighten the clamping bolt on the little lever on the cross-shaft. The springs should have pushed the flaps to the "max cooling" position, which is just where you want them when the engine is warm.

It's best to have the tin piece on the bottom in place; I am told the t-stat won't open as easily without it there.

--DD
yeahmag
Thanks Dave.

Anyone have the tin that fits over the HE on the *Oil Filter* side they want to sell?

lotus_65
i use a heat gun to open the thermo.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Oct 26 2007, 10:44 PM) *

Thanks Dave.

Anyone have the tin that fits over the HE on the *Oil Filter* side they want to sell?

i think i have that one...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.