Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody Want A Ferrari 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I have a buddy who has a 360 Modena motor and tranny (and suspension) in complete running order. And of course, I thought, "Hey, that'll fit into a 914."

Who's gonna step up and get it?

BTW, the motor costs more than a really nice 914-6.
alpha434
No way.

That's not meant for a 914. Looks more like something you'd stick in a DDR4 or a Noble.
ConeDodger
Ha!!! I have seen this motor in person and it is about 1/3 the size of a whole 914!
Beachbum
Im sure its liter then a SBC or LS?. Probably smaller to.
Beachbum

How much?
hydroliftin
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 26 2007, 05:21 PM) *

I have a buddy who has a 360 Modena motor and tranny (and suspension) in complete running order. And of course, I thought, "Hey, that'll fit into a 914."

Who's gonna step up and get it?

BTW, the motor costs more than a really nice 914-6.

Jake Raby has a 4 cylinder that will kick that things butt! (It was a joke guys)
lotus_65
QUOTE(Beachbum @ Oct 26 2007, 08:40 PM) *

How much?

... if you have to ask...

biggrin.gif
skline
I'll Take it!!
I have just the car for that to go into.
I would bet the performance will be better than the 420HP 327 I was going to put in.

Oh, Will he take payments? biggrin.gif
911quest

Jake Raby has a 4 cylinder that will kick that things butt!

screwy.gif dry.gif
yenningComity
Eh, I fail to see the point. You could cram it in and it would be kinda cool, but honestly too big and heavy. Yes I do get that the poster was being sarcastic, but still.
craig downs
You hope that it nothing ever broke because the cost of parts would be scary and
you think Jakes prices are high laugh.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(yenningComity @ Oct 26 2007, 09:01 PM) *

Eh, I fail to see the point. You could cram it in and it would be kinda cool, but honestly too big and heavy. Yes I do get that the poster was being sarcastic, but still.

welcome.png I see from your post count why you wouldn't get the point. biggrin.gif We often have debates around here about 4 vs 6, Porsche vs SBC or Subie. If you had been here even a month longer you would know why Mark was tongue-in-cheek suggesting that someone buy the Ferrari motor and put it into a 914... He is just stirring the poo.

Still, 2 posts and you are calling out an admin! You will fit right in here. Or should I say... misfit???
Again, welcome!!!
McMark
I think it would fit just fine... after sacrificing the rear trunk of course... and the front trunk for the radiator. I'll even do the conversion for ya', for a measly $65,000 out the door. av-943.gif

Ha laugh.gif call me out all you like, I can take it.

Now, if only I could cut the Ferrari motor in half, since I'm partial to four cylinder motors... idea.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 26 2007, 09:41 PM) *

I think it would fit just fine... after sacrificing the rear trunk of course... and the front trunk for the radiator. I'll even do the conversion for ya', for a measly $65,000 out the door. av-943.gif

Ha laugh.gif call me out all you like, I can take it.

Now, if only I could cut the Ferrari motor in half, since I'm partial to four cylinder motors... idea.gif

Better make that 100K Mark... I think you would have to redesign the suspension. It looked too wide to me!
sixnotfour
"Italian Trash" movie quote
Danny_Ocean
That motor would be perfect for this "Ferrari" 914:

IPB Image

IPB Image

914 Testarossa on E-Bay

WTF.gif
JPB
That would be the Mussolini Porsche or the El Duche " The Doosh" Porsche. beer.gif
914Mike
I only looked in here 'cause I thought Mark had come across a Dino kit. Saw one a few years back at a donated car lot WTF.gif One of the door skins had come unglued, was laying under the car confused24.gif But the kicker was the piece of waterpipe that went through the front sheet metal that the hood hinged on av-943.gif You don't even want to hear about the VIN... shades.gif As in a car with a front mounted fuel pump (with access hatch) and a 1.8 that had an air pump and EGR plumbing still intact with a hand stamped plate in the window? bs.gif The front fender had been hammered to make the number illegible, then the stamps were used to put a new number in, just enough to say it was a '73... screwy.gif
jonferns
av-943.gif You don't even want to hear about the VIN...

did it resemble 914xxxxxxx

ar15.gif -JON
914Mike
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Oct 27 2007, 08:16 PM) *

av-943.gif You don't even want to hear about the VIN...

did it resemble 914xxxxxxx

ar15.gif -JON

No they were trying to pass off a late car as an early, exempt car... See edit above, musta just crossed streams! aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.