Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new 914 catalog comments wanted! (in member vendor section)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I posted the brand new 914 catalog for club members only in the member vendor section (all 242 pages of it!) The catalog is going to the printer monday, Oct. 29th and 33,000 plus are going out. However before it goes I would love your comments and corrections! (we will be editing over that weekend as well) If you see anything that you question please don't hesitate to call or write me at dr914@autoatlanta.com or 1 800 792 4944 Good or bad I would appreciate your comments.

Quick Link to the Post
Tom
Hi George,
Very excited to see this coming to be! Looked at the file on the venders section. Can't wait to get my copy.
I did notice on page 15 that the bursch muffler described for a 6 is actually a 4 muffler.
Keep up the good work and thanks,
Tom
alpha434
IT sucked. It was terrible. Not enough artistic flare.

laugh.gif

I'll go check it out.
yeahmag
Looks great!
charliew
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Oct 27 2007, 01:29 AM) *

Looks great!

I just recieved the chassis stiffener kit and it was super fast shipping. I ordered on Friday and the parts were here on Tuesday in Texas. The only thing was the parts are different than the description, there is only 8 instead on 10, it looks like two were combined into one, which is ok for me as I can break them to fit but that may be a problem for some people.

Charlie
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Tom @ Oct 26 2007, 07:51 PM) *

Hi George,
Very excited to see this coming to be! Looked at the file on the venders section. Can't wait to get my copy.
I did notice on page 15 that the bursch muffler described for a 6 is actually a 4 muffler.
Keep up the good work and thanks,
Tom

thank you! What a keen observer! Yes we used a dummy picture for that! But we are selling the real mccoy!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(charliew @ Oct 27 2007, 08:29 AM) *

QUOTE(yeahmag @ Oct 27 2007, 01:29 AM) *

Looks great!

I just recieved the chassis stiffener kit and it was super fast shipping. I ordered on Friday and the parts were here on Tuesday in Texas. The only thing was the parts are different than the description, there is only 8 instead on 10, it looks like two were combined into one, which is ok for me as I can break them to fit but that may be a problem for some people.

Charlie

hi Charlie. If you have a six the two extra go where the engine pods are welded in. If not the fours only use the eight.
gopack
Just scanned the whole catalog. DAMN YOU! Now I can see everything I still need all in one place!

On page 147, the top center gauge is called a VDO CHT, but the markings on the gauge says "OIL" Mistake?

from AA catalog:
Click to view attachment

from some one else:

Click to view attachment

Any ways I can't wait to recieve my FREE catalog from you George!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
very good! I see the mistake! WE are deep in the edit today and you WILL get your free copy in the mail in a few weeks!!!!!! Thank you.

QUOTE(gopack @ Oct 27 2007, 09:11 AM) *

Just scanned the whole catalog. DAMN YOU! Now I can see everything I still need all in one place!

On page 147, the top center gauge is called a VDO CHT, but the markings on the gauge says "OIL" Mistake?

from AA catalog:
Click to view attachment

from some one else:

Click to view attachment

Any ways I can't wait to recieve my FREE catalog from you George!

A&PGirl
The free t-shirt offer on p. 101 says it is on p. 299. It is actually on p. 231.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Oct 27 2007, 10:36 AM) *

The free t-shirt offer on p. 101 says it is on p. 299. It is actually on p. 231.

corrected!!!! Thank you and Jon!!!
orthobiz
It's missing the coupon to win the FREE Willow Green car!

Paul
alpha434
It's missing the coupon to win the 916
johannes
George ! your catalog is an awsome tool ... Keep it on line !
DNHunt
Very nice George. It already generated some business. I saw an inner firewall and decided to by a new piece rather than try and save mine.

Dave
type47
great catalog and organized well. i used an old AA catalog as a guide for information to rebuild my first 914.
jbyron
Pg. 108, aluminum pedal board, 3rd sentence of description uses brake, s/b break.

Catalog looks great! Can't wait.
kconway
Way to go George! Typo in price for rocker covers hardware install kit...I hope. ($165)

Send it.
Kev
rhodyguy
pdf files never work for me. i've always enjoyed the little writeups in my old catalog. "the last six" you found in new england, the one where 3 of you go tearing up a road in 3 cars, esp the comments on the short geared car. so...we just call for a catalog?

k
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Oct 27 2007, 08:17 PM) *

It's missing the coupon to win the FREE Willow Green car!

Paul

WE love a man with a great sense of humor!!!!!!! Never lose it!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(jbyron @ Oct 28 2007, 08:53 PM) *

Pg. 108, aluminum pedal board, 3rd sentence of description uses brake, s/b break.

Catalog looks great! Can't wait.

Thank you!!!!!!! correcting now.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(kconway @ Oct 29 2007, 07:15 AM) *

Way to go George! Typo in price for rocker covers hardware install kit...I hope. ($165)

Send it.
Kev

wow that sure is too much even with those expensive factory rivets! Thank you correcting now.
pin31
George,
Looks Great, good job !!

Suggestion on the Pertronix Ignitor (pg. 131)

Stock (Fuel Injection) distributor (i.e. vacuum advance): P/N 1847V

Change "carb" to: Bosch 009 & 005 distributor: P/N 1847A

If I were you (maybe too late now) I would also offer the Ignitor II (much better than Ignitor I) for the 009 & 005 distributors (P/N: 91847A).

Also, as to not offend our lady club members (Toast, Jenny, etc..) I would remove the "So easy to install that your girlfriend could do it" comment !!

Can't wait to get my copy,
Tim

beerchug.gif
So.Cal.914
Thats Great George, I could find stuff.

But I am confused, where does it say: ANY ORDERS FROM PAUL, 25% OFF.
SteveL
Page 82 - Floor Pan Tar
....."Better yet, buy order our Floorpan Tar Premade Kit on the next page!"

needs to be re-worded ..."buy order"
TeenerTim
914 Rollbar pg 99

"Open hoop is maintains original interior"
Air_Cooled_Nut
The hi-res images of the part diagrams and part # descriptions is waaaay better now! Glad to see the use of color. This is a much better catalog than the previous ones. Good job to you and your team!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(SteveL @ Oct 29 2007, 12:01 PM) *

Page 82 - Floor Pan Tar
....."Better yet, buy order our Floorpan Tar Premade Kit on the next page!"

needs to be re-worded ..."buy order"

thank you! This is great
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(TeenerTim @ Oct 29 2007, 12:40 PM) *

914 Rollbar pg 99

"Open hoop is maintains original interior"

thank you!
Scott S
I am suprised that there are not pics of the 7, 8 & 9" four bolt fuchs - I would think they would be a pretty hot item - but I would want to see them before ordering.

The color part of the catalog is "feels" very up-scale.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Oct 30 2007, 02:29 PM) *

I am suprised that there are not pics of the 7, 8 & 9" four bolt fuchs - I would think they would be a pretty hot item - but I would want to see them before ordering.

The color part of the catalog is "feels" very up-scale.

Thanks for the compliment Scott! The reason we did not show the wheels on a car is because it is a brand new item for us and we only had the one prototype picture of the new wheel. They are being made in Australia by a very good wheel manufacturer who has made a variety of Porsche wheels in the past. He is able to build any offset with the four lug fuchs center so we can now enjoy 7 8 and 9 inch wheels (sevens for flares and for stock fenders, different offsets) for our 914s at an inexpensive price while keeping a fairly stock appearance.
As many of you know the latest is that the 5.5 fuchs replicas made by American Eagle have been discontinued (or so they say!) so this wheel comes just in the nick of time.
ruddyboys
Can't wait till I get the finished copy in the mail, I can sneek off to the bathroom with it.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Thank you all very much for the corrections! It is at the printer now and we will have the pre press later this week.
degreeoff
Looks good George! I look forward to your getting those I-talian rears in!
Joe Owensby
I am too late for edits, but it looks awesome.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.