Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reinforcements
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
I am fabing up the inner long reinforcements so I was wondering since the car is going to be torn down what other areas could be done.
Firewall, floors, front firewall & fender wells, I'm going to build a steel weld in top so how about the windshield frame as well.
My plain is to add steel gt flairs and repaint silver, I'm too hard on black paint... chair.gif
drive-ability
0- 4 - 50+, I think the Engman reinforcements are it !
Dave_Darling
Armando Serrano has pics posted on his 914-6GT website of reinforcements for the windshield base. Looks kinda involved, but nice work on his. Check Dave Hunt's recent thread about the repair he is starting on his car--where it seems to be flexing, and so on. That'll give you ideas for reinforcement. You can also brace inside the longs, possibly triangulating the space instead of only adding another thickness of metal.

--DD
drive-ability
Thanks Dave,
That is quite a car! I really like the guys who illustrate there work so completely. I guess when you do it right you've got nothing to hide biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.