Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Going to see that lil ol band from Texas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
Im showing my boy what a good show and band is. He drug me to see some of the screaming goofballs he calls bands now its my turn aktion035.gif piratenanner.gif ZZ Top rock_band.gif here we come next Thursday Got lower level and they are filming this show for a new video shades.gif Could see some flashing action happy11.gif
jimtab
Took my son to see ZZ at the cow palace in SF about 15 years ago...says it was the best RnR show he's ever seen...couldn't believe the mix of folks who showed up....also, how can you go wrong with spinning fuzzy guitars....??? To quote a great movie...."those guys could turn goat piss into lemonade?" hmmm, maybe it's not lemonade, it's late and I may have taken too much cough medicine again.....
smontanaro
One quote I remember from the band (paraphrased - probably badly - from memory): "We're just a garage band, but we've played in some pretty big garages."

Skip

VaccaRabite
ZZ Top still plays?

I wonder if they ever come north of the mason Dixon....

Zach
ClayPerrine
We have tickets too! See you there!!!!

mueba.gif
purple
I saw them in Reliant arena after the rodeo in houston. Those guys are the bomb. They filled reliant and they still got the magic touch. Great band to see live.

blitZ
I saw them back when they were on the Cheap Sun Glasses tour, great show. It should be a good cultural event for your son. I took my boy to see Eric Clapton for his 18th birthday, he was stunned and amazed (me too). Need to show these kids some musicians who can actually play instruments.
jimtab
There are many new musicians that can play their instruments...I just don't think a lot of them have my taste in music...but every once in a while you get a guy like Jake Shimibukuru (sp) and you can feel hope again.
pete-stevers
i saw them in vancouver with the stray cats and the pretenders...
neat show
JB 914
ZZ Top, great band. They were "The Home Town Boys" when i was growing up in Houston!!

Enjoy the show!!!

cooltimes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliminator
List of the songs on that album.
Wow, has it been 24 years? I can still visualize the chicks in the "Legs" video.
ZZ Tops. Fantastic group, chicks and a dream of a hotrod.
Yell "more" a few times for me.

Thanks.

Cooltimes
smontanaro
If you're in a high school rock band I don't think there could be a better song to play for the yearly talent show than "Sharp Dressed Man". biggrin.gif

Skip

Spoke
I saw ZZ Top a few years back at the Allentown Fair. As usual, it was an awesome show. Also saw them back in 74 and 79 at the Pittsburgh Civic Arena and Three Rivers Stadium.
tdgray
I think I saw a naked cowgirl... she was floatin' cross the ceilin' biggrin.gif aktion035.gif
Wes V
I like a band that doesn't take it's self too serious!!

Like doing a song about TV dinners.

Wes
URY914
And Frank Beard (the only one w/o a beard IIRC) raced Porsches back in the day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.