Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chuck
I responded in McMark's thread about the lack of project threads. Here is my 1973 restoration project. First, photos of when I brought it home.
Chuck
The car came home in April. This is how it looks right now with the motor dropped, much of the paint removed, the interior out (with the exception of the dash), etc. I'm also attaching a pic of the hell hole. Much sawzall-smiley.gif and welder.gif to be done here.
boxstr
Chuck, So that is what the 3.2 is going to push around. Looks like a good start.
I hope you get the hellhole patched up and some reinforcements in there.
Craig
Chuck
Craig,

Yep. This is what the 3.2 will be pushing around!! biggrin.gif I've got an Engman hell hole kit and long reinforcing kit in boxes just waiting for me to fire up the welder. I've also got a brand new floor pan, new rear trunk floor and lower inner firewall. Also, have a set of steel flares for the wider tires. The large box in the foreground is the new passenger door (the sill of the original is in pretty bad shape and a new door was cheaper than the time to fix the old one). Get a little heat in the garage and I'll have a busy winter.
McMark
That's a great project! Looking forward to seeing it progress. george.gif
Chuck
Another DAPO item to add to the list . . . .

Went to pull the windshield out and had a few surprises.

The first was that the chrome molding would not come off. Despite the application of flat head scredrivers, various putty knives, heat, etc. it would not move; even a little bit, much less enough to attempt to locate the clips. I eventually had to resign myself to the fact that there was no way to save it. So, it was eventually removed by prying, twisting, pulling and whatnot - the remains went straight to the trash can and to metal heaven. We discovered there were no clips. We also discovered that there was no butyl. . . . .

What we found was the nastiest black caulk/glue ever created by an engineer anywhere. Someone had filled the channel with this stuff, set the wndshiled into it, put some more over that and then "glued" the chrome trim into it. We spent over an hour with a windshiled cutter, heat guns, utility knives, screwdrivers, guitar strings, etc. and the windshiled is still not out. I'll work on it again some more tomorrow. Ohh, and of course it cracked. headbang.gif

In other news, received the harbor freight engine stands that will be the backbone of my new rotisserie.
Chuck
Forgot to add that the Pedrini rims are for sale in the classifieds if anyone is looking for a set. $400 OBO+ shipping. I'm going 5 lug.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.