Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roll Bar Pad Removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xperu
I have a nice Roll Bar Pad on my donor car, but I dont want to distroy it during removal. I have removed the screws, and the side peices where the seatbelts attach. I am having problems around the targa top latches. Please some suggestons. Thanks Mike
Chuck
Mike,

You may need to use a wrench to remove the bolts holding the targa latches on and remove them with the roll bar. The latches will then be easier to remove from the vinyl - at least that is how I got mine off a few weeks back.
boxstr
A long phillips screwdriver will be needed to remove the screws that hold the plastic or metal trim pieces around the latches.
I have found the targa bar pad can be difficult to remove, but keep at it, it can be done.
CCL
jk76.914
QUOTE(boxstr @ Oct 27 2007, 01:14 PM) *

A long phillips screwdriver will be needed to remove the screws that hold the plastic or metal trim pieces around the latches.
I have found the targa bar pad can be difficult to remove, but keep at it, it can be done.
CCL

agree.gif Those screws can be a bear. But getting them back in is worse. If you've got ALL of the screws out from behind ALL of the plastic caps (both horizontal and vertical), then you're way ahead of me when I did mine. Good luck.
euro911
I have a friend who is making a new targa roll-bar 'pad' from carbon-fiber material ... still working on the rear part of the mold. I'll post some pix when its done, maybe some of youse guys might be interested in these? confused24.gif
xperu
QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 27 2007, 02:51 PM) *

I have a friend who is making a new targa roll-bar 'pad' from carbon-fiber material ... still working on the rear part of the mold. I'll post some pix when its done, maybe some of youse guys might be interested in these? confused24.gif

Thanks Mark, I think the CF would look real good!
xperu
Thanks everyone, I'll take a look at the targa latch removal; everythig else is removed. Thanks Mike
xperu
QUOTE(boxstr @ Oct 27 2007, 12:14 PM) *

CCL

You are right on the screw removal, they seem to move around, but I got them all, that took me 2 hours. screwy.gif
xperu
I got if off! Thanks Everyone. Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.