Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weltmiester Rear Sway Bar Pictures or
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
I'm looking for the installation instructions or good pictures of a properly installed Weltmiester rear sway bar.
Anyone???
thanks
Joe Ricard
It's actually fairly easy to install and since you have a clean slate you can make it optimized toyour suspension ride hieght.

Make the end links perfectly vertical and this will show you where the bar HAS to go. make some brackets and drill your holes.

Then when you realize that the car is so stupid loose you can take it back off and sell it.
tracks914
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Oct 27 2007, 03:05 PM) *

Then when you realize that the car is so stupid loose you can take it back off and sell it.

Why is that? Is it a rear sway bar thing or just a Weltmeister thing?
tracks914
How about stock sway bar pictures for comparison?
tracks914
icon_bump.gif
Chris Pincetich
Doug - I sent some pics to you via email. Unfortunately, I don't have a pic of how the length of the bar tucks up under the muffler, tough angle to photo. Also, I have read that the bar can be mounted either way, with lower cars benefiting from the bar mounted "upside-down" so the ends bend down instead of up (?). If your car rides really low, and the drop links are long, they can bump the trunk at full compression. Chris Foley once posted some pics of his micro drop links, and some 914 GTs had the rear bar mounted IN the trunk with drop links through holes drilled in the trunk. Now that's a little extreme... beerchug.gif
bmtrnavsky
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Oct 29 2007, 02:27 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

I have the same question now... I was thinking about getting the suspension kit from Auto Atlanta with front and rear sway bars, turbo tirods, bilstein shocks, and 100 pound springs.

Are the rear sway bars a bad idea???
Chris Pincetich
I'm no expert, but....Evidence has shown the rear AR bars on some cars can result in lifting the rear wheel. It takes a tight corner, big Gs, sticky tires, big HP, bad driver or a combo. How 'bout this for an answer: "It's all in the combo!"
shades.gif
For street+track, the rear bar is great for keeping soft springs and having the body roll greatly reduced. Take a look at lots of 914 project cars and you'll see the rear bar in place.

If AA thinks 100lb springs are part of an upgrade package you are gettin duped. 100lbs is stock, and 140s are the upgrade. You'll want new shocks YEARS before springs go bad, if they ever do (?). beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.